Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach Mike Jones (Estill)
Well I guess time did prove my statement to be correct.
kybaseball Wrote:Well I guess time did prove my statement to be correct.
So where is he going?
the estill co job has not been filled just yet. I'm sure they will get a very good coach and the program will get better.
courtdog Wrote:the estill co job has not been filled just yet. I'm sure they will get a very good coach and the program will get better.

Better? They just had the greatest season in Estill County history, sure they could go farther like to the state-semis, or even the championship, but it's had to complain over a loss in the regional finals to a team who made it to Louisville.
Kosar Wrote:So where is he going?

I never said I knew anything about that. Big Grin
Lucky13 Wrote:Better? They just had the greatest season in Estill County history, sure they could go farther like to the state-semis, or even the championship, but it's had to complain over a loss in the regional finals to a team who made it to Louisville.

I to, am wondering how anyone can say "better"? Especially seeing how they lost serval key players from last year. No, can argue the fact that mike put estil back on the map when it comes to win/loss. So if you were refering to better on that part of the spectum you obivously need to rethink your statement.
I heard that Mike Jones put his application in at Lexington Catholic
What would he do at Lex Cath? I know coach but what? His offensive style does not exactly fit them.
i dont know what he would do but thats what i heard and i wonder who is gonna be the new estill football coach anyone know who has interviewed for the estill job?
courtdog Wrote:the estill co job has not been filled just yet. I'm sure they will get a very good coach and the program will get better.

I was just wondering Courtdog, since you dont like nothing he done on the field and think you can do much better why dont you apply for the job and see if it gets any better.:Thumbs:
I think Estill can find a good coach, but i dont think whom ever they hire can expect to spread the field and win. Maybe after a few years (maybe).Estill has never been a big passing team.They have always ran the ball alot. So some of you who think you want a spread O you better rethink. Passing is clamorous but you have to have a good QB and receivers who can catch.
MR. NOBODY Wrote:I think Estill can find a good coach, but i dont think whom ever they hire can expect to spread the field and win. Maybe after a few years (maybe).Estill has never been a big passing team.They have always ran the ball alot. So some of you who think you want a spread O you better rethink. Passing is clamorous but you have to have a good QB and receivers who can catch.

Switching to a spread offense does take time. I remember when Estill tried a few years ago. You have to give the players time to make the transition, it will not happen over a summer or during a single season.