Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 59 - Phelps 48
Congrats to Betsy Layne
Sounds about right... congrats Bobcats!
Congrats BL, looks like things are coming together for Coach Newsome.
Congrats to the Cats!!!
Bobcats played good tonight. Up by as many as 20+ if I'm not mistaken. Started off strong, and didn't quit. Adkins shot the ball well, and the big men hit the board nicely. Maldenado ran the point ok, but could improve as well. The big men for BL may be a little too unselfish at times, but that's not too much of a problem. I put Betsy Layne at #2 in the Region with JC and Phelps both losing tonight! JMO
Just what I expected, Phelps got their first test tonight with a tough road game and came up a little short. I do expect them to bounce back though, their a good team. Betsy Layne just was the better team tonight. Glad to see Nathan Martin playing tonight. Hopefully he is almost 100%.

Congrats Bobcats!
100%SUCCESS Wrote:Bobcats played good tonight. Up by as many as 20+ if I'm not mistaken. Started off strong, and didn't quit. Adkins shot the ball well, and the big men hit the board nicely. Maldenado ran the point ok, but could improve as well. The big men for BL may be a little too unselfish at times, but that's not too much of a problem. I put Betsy Layne at #2 in the Region with JC and Phelps both losing tonight! JMO

I believe I'd have Pburg at #2. They did flat out beat BL, lost to JC because they shot 11-28 from the free throw line and beat Pikeville & Magoffin by 20+.
how did Betsy Lane improve so much over last year?? they were not that good last year,and they could not have improved that much over the summer
keep your heads up hornets..they'll be more wins!
keep your head up hornets BL is a pretty good team and you guys will have many more wins this season.
Nice win for the bobcats. I could tell that martin wasnt 100% last night, but it looked like to me the others stepped up real nicely.
Very nice win for BL
HORNET POWER Wrote:how did Betsy Lane improve so much over last year?? they were not that good last year,and they could not have improved that much over the summer

they had the talent last year. the coach was the reason they were so bad. its not improvement, the talent was always there.
wats betsy layne's record?
8-3 i think
Nice win Bobcats!
Phelps 8 19 16 5 48

Betsy Layne 18 10 18 13 59

Phelps (10-1) -- Stillner 21, Hobbs 3, Maynard 6, Campbell 4, Gannon 4, Smith 2, Hager 8
Betsy Layne (8-3) -- B. Adkins 11, Martin 5, Tackett 4, Head 11, Tibbs 18, C. Adkins 6, Stumbo 2, Kidd 2.
Congrats BL!
Good win for the Bobcats and the tests start to come Phelps' way. Couldn't expect them to go undefeated for long as they aren't one of the better teams in the region IMO.

thetribe Wrote:Good win for the Bobcats and the tests start to come Phelps' way. Couldn't expect them to go undefeated for long as they aren't one of the better teams in the region IMO.

I disagree. Phelps has already beaten both Pikeville and Pike Central. Phelps is ALWAYS considered the "underdog" in every sport. BUT...... They are just as competitive in baseball and basketball than any other school in the county. They have started out 8-1 WHICH is by far one of the best records thus far IN the region....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
this is a team that can pull some upsets come tourney time. GOOD LUCK BL