Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT All-Mountain Team
http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsports/headlines/36730689.html

Congrats to these boys!
I really feel sad and sort of irritated that Glen Roberts of Harlan County hasn't received any post season recognition outside of a couple of local things.
Yogibear Wrote:I really feel sad and sort of irritated that Glen Roberts of Harlan County hasn't received any post season recognition outside of a couple of local things.

It is a shame. Glenn was no doubt the anchor for Harlan County's defense and made the blocks on offense. He very quietly and consistently did his job and would have played just as hard with both arms cut off with two bloody nubs. The Black Knight of the Harlan County Black Bears. "Just a flesh wound!" (Monty Python and The Holy Grail)
Boys that made the list deserve to be congratulated. However, with that being said there are many unsung players that aided their teams but did not receive accolades. Keep your chin up these lists do not indicate that they were the only ones who contributed to your teams success. Congratulations to all players who sacrifice their free time to come out and play for their schools--- your team couldn't have done it without everyone playing their role on the team.
QB Honorable Mention, Zeck Lewis, Charlie Banks, Ricky Bowling is not in there. Jade Haddix, Tyler Olinger, Michael Burchett this QB is not better then them. I can only guess Haddix and Olinger got it because they made it to the title game.
cj2561 Wrote:QB Honorable Mention, Zeck Lewis, Charlie Banks, Ricky Bowling is not in there. Jade Haddix, Tyler Olinger, Michael Burchett this QB is not better then them. I can only guess Haddix and Olinger got it because they made it to the title game.

Zach Lewis was 3rd team
Charlie Banks was 1st team
Ricky Bowling was 2nd team

Haddix, Olinger and Burchett were honorable mention

Did I misunderstand your post?
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:Zach Lewis was 3rd team
Charlie Banks was 1st team
Ricky Bowling was 2nd team

Haddix, Olinger and Burchett were honorable mention

Did I misunderstand your post?

The way it look to me. That it mean the best QB. The other 3 is the best QB in the mountains this year. I might miss under stand the way they done it. The all mountains team don't have nothing to with the best QB honor. To me it look like they let everone to get something.
cj2561 Wrote:The way it look to me. That it mean the best QB. The other 3 is the best QB in the mountains this year. I might miss under stand the way they done it. The all mountains team don't have nothing to with the best QB honor. To me it look like they let everone to get something.

I think you mis understood it. They werent picked for the 1st,2nd, and 3rd teams but were on the honorable mentioned.
cj2561 Wrote:The way it look to me. That it mean the best QB. The other 3 is the best QB in the mountains this year. I might miss under stand the way they done it. The all mountains team don't have nothing to with the best QB honor. To me it look like they let everone to get something.

this was just another way to fit in a jab at T. Olinger.
It's good to see Dylon Smith on the Defensive team! Go Bears
Why the hate for the Olingers CJ? You'll be happy to know that there is another Olinger on the way so you shouldn't run out things to talk about. LOL!
I don't know if he's a quarter back or not though.
Oh the next Olinger is a QB and real good one at that. Bigger, strong, faster than the current Olinger in my opinion.
I saw him play a couple of times this year. Seems like he played defense exceptionally well. All those kids are good athletes and seem to be good respectful young men also. That's why I hate to see someone down them sometimes.