Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Teams In The 15th?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I am not sure if its all the coach or if it is a combination I dont really have the inside scoop. However, in Stiltners first year she was very succesful but since then it has simply been all down hill. I really hope they get it back together over that way because the Pike Central Belfry rivalry was a great one while I was in school since then it seems to have deplited. I really wish Mark had never stepped down, I said once he did that it would be the demise of the program and thus far it has been.

haha yeah, but it seems now that it's a pike central and phelps rivalry.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:1. Paintsville
2. Johnson Central
3. Phelps
4. Pike Central
5. Shelby Valley
6. Sheldon Clark
7. Magoffin
8. Pikeville
9.East Ridge
10.Betsy Layne

one through 4 could be switched up any team could go any where thats how close itis this year. I also think 1-7 could virtually be switched up to go either way. This region is very confusing this season thus far.
i agree.
1. Johnson Central
2. Phelps
3. Paintsville
4. Pike Central
5. Magoffin County
6. Shelby Valley
7. Sheldon Clark
8. East Ridge
9. Betsy Layne
10. Lawrence County
ERblue4ever Wrote:1. Johnson Central
2. Phelps
3. Paintsville
4. Pike Central
5. Magoffin County
6. Shelby Valley
7. Sheldon Clark
8. East Ridge
9. Betsy Layne
10. Lawrence County

I agree with this. Johnson Central will be very tough to knock off this year.
donathanhurley Wrote:haha yeah, but it seems now that it's a pike central and phelps rivalry.

this is very true...seems as if the past two season Phelps has had our number...Then with all the transfers back and forth between the two it fuels the fire
It is very sad to see any of our county programs take a nose dive. I know that it happened at Phelps when Denise Campbell came back home. She's one of ours but coming home was not a good thing for her. She's a wonderful person but just did not gel with the girls and the program really suffered because of that. The girls HATED playing basketball while she was the coach and that was so sad! I'd say the same is happening at Belfry. This is just proof that it takes more than being a "hometown" person to run a successful program.
TruBlu73 Wrote:It is very sad to see any of our county programs take a nose dive. I know that it happened at Phelps when Denise Campbell came back home. She's one of ours but coming home was not a good thing for her. She's a wonderful person but just did not gel with the girls and the program really suffered because of that. The girls HATED playing basketball while she was the coach and that was so sad! I'd say the same is happening at Belfry. This is just proof that it takes more than being a "hometown" person to run a successful program.

Amanda Stiltner is NOT a hometown girl. She played at Pike Central.
ukbadmammajamma Wrote:Amanda Stiltner is NOT a hometown girl. She played at Pike Central.

She may not be "hometown" but she is a teacher at BMS and has pretty much earned her status as a Pirate!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:She may not be "hometown" but she is a teacher at BMS and has pretty much earned her status as a Pirate!!

Please! I'd be willing to bet that if you start a poll of Belfry fans asking whether Stiltner has earned her status as a Pirate or NOT that at least 75% would say NOT.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I am not sure if its all the coach or if it is a combination I dont really have the inside scoop. However, in Stiltners first year she was very succesful but since then it has simply been all down hill. I really hope they get it back together over that way because the Pike Central Belfry rivalry was a great one while I was in school since then it seems to have deplited. I really wish Mark had never stepped down, I said once he did that it would be the demise of the program and thus far it has been.

Don't forget our girls are very young. Only one senior, the rest are sophmores, freshmen, & eighth graders. However this is the team that won three county championships with three different coaches. So don't count them out just yet.
Go Lady Pirates !! Keep you heads high, we still believe in you! TongueirateSho
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:this is very true...seems as if the past two season Phelps has had our number...Then with all the transfers back and forth between the two it fuels the fire

that's very true as well. there's gonna be some good basketball between them when it comes district and region time!
I don't know why I was thinking that Stiltner was from Belfry. I guess I was thinking about her already being there in the area as a teacher.

Hopefully Belfry will work through their problems and start clicking on all cylinders.

I'd love to see every county school program be so good each year that no one could predict who was going to come out on top - both boys and girls!

Lord knows, we've been down on the lower end of the ladder so long that we almost forgot what it feels like to move toward the top! We're going to enjoy the view while it lasts and I don't know how anyone could begrudge us that opportunity!
hoopfan1 Wrote:Don't forget our girls are very young. Only one senior, the rest are sophmores, freshmen, & eighth graders. However this is the team that won three county championships with three different coaches. So don't count them out just yet.
Go Lady Pirates !! Keep you heads high, we still believe in you! TongueirateSho

Oh I completly understand, I just think Stiltner needed some time under Gannon before taking over the reigns. Amanda and I were great friends when she was apart of the Pike Central community and when she was student teaching we would sit and talk basketball for hours. She knows her stuff, its just been a rough transition for her. Good Luck to you all though. As ive states before I wish all teams could be succesful in this area. However, it cant happen that way teams take their lumps and then begin to regroup down the road.
donathanhurley Wrote:that's very true as well. there's gonna be some good basketball between them when it comes district and region time!

Oh no doubt about that we already got one dose of it lol. Hopefully they will meet up 2 or 3 more times lol.
phs1986 Wrote:She may not be "hometown" but she is a teacher at BMS and has pretty much earned her status as a Pirate!!

15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Oh I completly understand, I just think Stiltner needed some time under Gannon before taking over the reigns. Amanda and I were great friends when she was apart of the Pike Central community and when she was student teaching we would sit and talk basketball for hours. She knows her stuff, its just been a rough transition for her. Good Luck to you all though. As ive states before I wish all teams could be succesful in this area. However, it cant happen that way teams take their lumps and then begin to regroup down the road.

Knowing or playing basketball does not make you a good coach.
ImagineThat! Wrote:Knowing or playing basketball does not make you a good coach.

We all get your point and can vividly see your dislike for Stiltner's "coaching" style. NOW, back to the topic of discussion........

I think after the first of the year, we will all have a better grasp of whom we feel is the top 5 contenders in the 15th.....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
ImagineThat! Wrote:Knowing or playing basketball does not make you a good coach.

never said it did just stating facts, be nice the Belfry community would give her some type of backing. Its not her fault last season that her players did not want to play for her that was their own dislike towards her for what reason I am unaware. You can not take the fact away that she led Belfry to the regional championship in her first season. Now as someone else stated they are very young. A coach can only be as succesful as what the players around allow the team as a whole to be. Thus, Belfry is young so they are going to go through growing pains.
Belfry is not going to get any better until they get a new coach. Her first year she won because those girls was Gannons team they played the way Gannon taught them. Last year and this year the team has went down and I don't see it getting any better. She might be a good person and know basketball but she is not a coach.