Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phelps 59 Shelby Valley 56
Shelby Valley Play Hard But Miss To Many Free Throw
Sounds like it was a great game.. I figured it would be free throws that decided it.
Congrats Phelps continue to play hard SV .
Yeah, Valley did miss alot of free throws but the refs gave the game to Phelps. :mad:
congrats girls!
bballluver Wrote:Yeah, Valley did miss alot of free throws but the refs gave the game to Phelps. :mad:

I wasn't at the game, but let me guess. SV pressed all game and Phelps did not, right?
bballluver Wrote:Yeah, Valley did miss alot of free throws but the refs gave the game to Phelps. :mad:
omg watever.
i knew there would be some kind of excuse
did Swindall play?
I thought SV played good today other than letting Phelps have to many uncontested layups. Valley will be alright, Mini K is getting back to her old game, Swindall is going to be a great asset. They all played well. Phelps just won. Refs missed stuff boths ways but the walk called on Laura Perkins still has me talking to myself, it cost us major.
So Swindall has been ruled eligible now?

thetribe Wrote:So Swindall has been ruled eligible now?
She has
This was a good game by both teams, Swindell did play but you could tell it was her first time playing in a while she will definently help Valley when she gets more practice with the team,glad for her she's back on the court. As for the game,Phelps played without Hall and still was able to get the win at Valley, they seem to improve each time they play and should get alot better if they keep working together. There were some questionable calls by the officialls but aren't there always!! Phelps just played a little better today and deserved the win. It was a close game all the way with Phelps making one more play at the end, good game both teams.
Congrats Lady Hornets and Coach VanHoose!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
good game by 2 good teams valley was good today from what i hear and phelps just made the shots that counted down the stretch.

BIG win for the Hornets!

Congrats to Vanhoose and players :Thumbs:
Great game to watch!! Congrats Lady Hornets and JR. Lady Cats keep playing hard.

Stats?

LOL,EVERY TIME PHELPS WINS IT'S THE SAME OLD SONG...........GET OVER IT PEOPLE.PHELPS HAS A GOOD TEAM AND THEY WON.BOTTOM LINE!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations to the Hornets.

I really hate statements like that. I'm sure Phelps won it fair and square....it isn't the hornets fault that Valley fouled a lot and couldn't get an open shot to drop.

Reguardless- congrats hornets!
If you don't hit your free throws you usually don't wn.
There always has to be a cry baby some where on here........You know who you are...Good win for Phelps....I heard that there wasn't good ball playing from either team....I don't think there's a team yet that has been playing there best basketball. Every team is just getting warmed up right now....It will get better as the season goes on...We will see some good ball games...
If Phelps wins at home it's because they cheat and have the refs in their pocket. If Phelps goes away and wins they still get it handed to them?Smile You people really do amaze me. Refs make bad calls every game it happens but I'm sure at Valley nothing favored the Lady Hornets bad calls BOTH ways. Phelps has a good team this year and people just can't seem to stand it. The way I look at it is, Phelps traveled to Valley without starter Jasmine Hall which was a big loss, Valley plays at their home court with Swindall that they have been going on and on over getting her eligible and how it wasn't fair Phelps got their girls eligible, and Phelps STILL comes out with the win.

Congrats to JR Vanhoose and his Lady Hornets.

Valley you are a good team, keep your heads up.
Phelps has possible the best team in the region. They will cause a lot of matchup problems. SV had them beat but tried for the last second shot to early and was fouled. Perkins made the two free throws putting them up by two. Phelps got the ball went down and threw up a shot and was fouled. Whitt made the free throw.

If Valley had made their free throws it could have made a difference. SV shot 10 free throws to Phelps 29.

Bottom line Phelps wanted more, they would not be denied.

As for Valley they are going to be fine. With the addition with Swindall Rowe will work it out. He is starting over because he has to figure out a whole new rotation now, but in this case that is a good problem to have.
Congrats Hornets on a great win........
I think you are right Hootie, Phelps could possible be the best team in region and if so what does that say about SV??? It says they are right there too!!! lGood game Cats and Congrats to the Hornets.
CONGRATS LADY HORNETS!!! I'm glad to see the underdog finally proving themselves to all who doubt.
Nice win for Phelps.