Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypothetical Mountain Tournament
I thought it would be fun if we all predicted what would happen if the top teams in the WYMT viewing area were to meet in a tourney at this point in the season. I will put together an 8 team bracket and you guys let me know who you think comes out on top in each game in the tourney. Also for the fun of it imagine that every team is at full strength.

Round 1
1. Shelby Valley -- 81
8. Letcher Central -- 60

4. Perry Central -- 67
5. Knox Central -- 66

2. Knott Central -- 75
7. South Laurel -- 71

3. Hazard - 73
6. Corbin - 65

Round 2

1. SV - 78
4. PCC- 63

2. KCC - 68
3. Hazard - 65

Championship

1. SV - 75
2. KCC - 64

I know I probably left a worthy team out so if you want you can replace the 8 teams I placed in the tourney with 8 of your own.
looks pretty good except for the Championship. I think that knott would give valley a better game than that.
alckuckler03 Wrote:looks pretty good except for the Championship. I think that knott would give valley a better game than that.

I just think that SV is too strong inside. I do think we would see 2 of the most talented backcourts in the state during that game though.
we actually could see this matchup in the hoopin it up holiday classic.. if both teams win their first round games they will meet on sunday.. would be a heck of a game to go watch if they do...