Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central Enrollment
Central enrollment-987 class3A

Breathitt enrollment 674 class3A

Bell Co. enrollment 870 class4A

Someone explain to me why Central is in 3A?I don't get it.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Good question. Did you get these stats from the program for the state games this year or another source?
I might be wrong, but I believe it's based on number of male students and they only have about 340 boys
redleg Wrote:I might be wrong, but I believe it's based on number of male students and they only have about 340 boys

You are correct... Central is a magnet school and it is over a 3:1 ratio of girls to guys.

Considerig this fact Central is clearly a 3A team, and they have several factors that limits their program that no other 3A team would even know about. For them to win back to back State Titles is a very good thing for this state and a testament to Ty Scroggin's coaching ability and his staff's committment to offer these kids a better opportunity!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You are correct... Central is a magnet school and it is over a 3:1 ratio of girls to guys.

If I was a high school boy, that's where I would want to go to school... Big Grin
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:If I was a high school boy, that's where I would want to go to school... Big Grin

Smile
... Amen to that...

(Except it could be a scary place about once a month HAHA)
Magnet schools also get to select the top athletes from the area hand pick them basicly.
UCFB Wrote:Magnet schools also get to select the top athletes from the area hand pick them basicly.

Far from the truth.....

I guess that's why louisville Valley is such a state powerhosue in sports though? (sarcasm)
depends on the Area this area is mostly urban downtown so magnet school have their pick dude to the fact most magnet school go on grades of middle school or elementary for recruitment im not sure how they recruit kids at central though
UCFB Wrote:depends on the Area this area is mostly urban downtown so magnet school have their pick dude to the fact most magnet school go on grades of middle school or elementary for recruitment im not sure how they recruit kids at central though

Manual, one of the, if not THE, elite schools in the state of Kentucky is also located very close to Central. Let alone schools like Shawnee, Western, etc that are also in the urban parts of Louisville.

To imply Central recruits is a brazen and false statement. For years your best talents in urban areas always seem to end up at either Trinity, X, Manual, or Male. Central usually accomodates the kids who don't have the money to pay for tuition at one of the private schools.
When you take out the boys that speak english as a second language they have even fewer than 340 boys to fill all of their athletic teams. I think the boys teams at Central inlude football, basketball, baseball, wrestling soccer, track and cross country. A majority of the foreign students make up the soccer and cross country team.
They do not have a feeder school which in my opinion hurts because they do not have a certain number of kids that they are going to get every year like a majority of the schools. On the pecking order of schools they are behind St. X, Trinity and Manual for the none public high schools. I didn't mention Male and Butler because they are traditional and their parents put them in those programs either in grade or middle school with intent on sending them there.
Telling a kid or their parent to come to the school because of any sport is not allowed and I don't believe the coaches their recruit. Because if they did there would be more kids from the middle town or hikes point area. With the exception of a few players all of their kids are from the west end or Shively area.
The kicker #30 is a ESL kid. He is Somalian(I think). He also plays soccer and kicked them into the finals last year. A 30 yarder with no time remaining against Tilghman. Central is a mostly, maybe 85%, black school. The other is made up of immigrants(African mostly), some white kids and a few Spanish speaking students. They are a magnet for healthcare, that is why there are so many females. i.e. Nursing
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:Good question. Did you get these stats from the program for the state games this year or another source?

From the program.