BREATHITT
NOBLE 15 PTS 16 REBS
SHOUSE 10 PTS 10 REBS
DEATON 10 PTS

LCC
ELDRIDGE 11 PTS
KINCER 10 PTS
Where was the game played at?
Sounds like Breathitt did not play very well. Noble would be so much better if she were more aggressive on the offensive end.
Congrats Breathitt
Breathitt Co. didn't play very well at all tonight but that might of had something to do with the fact that they was in foul trouble the whole nightat one part in the game the foul count was 9-Breathitt to 2 -LCC Breathitt never played 1 trip in man to man while LCC played the whole game man and still didn't get into foul trouble. But anytime you go to LCC you and get a win its a good night. I don't think LCC could have asked for a better chance to beat Breathitt Co. then they had tonight having both of Breathitt's big girls on the bench for most of the 4th allowed LCC to make a run late in the game after being down by 10 with about 4 min. to go in the game.
According to the stats from above Breathitt Co. shot 45% from the field and Letcher Central shot 20% from the field and only got beat by 4 points . I also think total fouls was Breathitt 16 and Letcher Central 15.. When you put two good teams on the floor it will be a good game.. I think both teams made mistakes due to good defence on both ends.. It should be fun to watch these two teams later in the season.....
It did seem that No. 33 for Breathitt did get a couple extra fouls given to her. But that is just the way it goes. Do the post players for BCHS usually get into foul trouble like this? LCC didn't play very good either. But that is what makes the game exciting. Congrats to Breathitt...I look forward to future matchups.
Our girls are very smart about about getting into foul trouble. Good win for Breathitt. LCC was supposed to be our compotition in the 14th.
Weak Game On Both Parts. Lcc's Dismal Shooting But Strong Defense And Breahitt's Good Offense But Foul Trouble Let The Fans With The Need For A Rematch.
Wasn't expecting LCC to be within 4. The stats looks like both teams were having off nights really. Congrats Breathitt on another win.

Not a game to be shown as how to play basketball, but a very intense game which should be followed by two more meetings.
C.Clair Wrote:Our girls are very smart about about getting into foul trouble. Good win for Breathitt. LCC was supposed to be our compotition in the 14th.
Sounds like they still are. Four points is a close game.
Congrats BC.
It was an exciting game to watch...and sure did stir up anticipation for future matchups with these two perrennial powers. I really liked Kendall Noble...but my heart is still with the Cougars...they have what it takes to win the region...should be some epic battles between these two young teams for the next several years...
Did the Sexton girl play?? she is usually the leading scorer!
Letcher will eventually overthrow Breathitt.
LCC couldn't have asked for a better chance to beat Breathitt than they had in this game and couldn't get it done. The next time they play it wont be on LCC's home floor and hopefully their won't be a ref from Letcher Co. on the game that is just not right out of all of the refs in the region to put a ref from Breathitt or Letcher Co. on that game is just wrong. Till Breathitt Co. is beat by a team in the 14th region they are still the best. It doesn't matter if you win by 1 or 20 a win is a win. The girls from Breathitt will learn a lot from that game. The same thing happened last year I do beleive LCC played close to Breathitt at home and then came to Breathitt later on and got drilled by about 20pts. I didn't really see many of those holdbacks that everyone has been talking about #24 was a good PG but other than her I didn't see anyone that stood out. #12 Baker could help LCC if she can stay with the team this season.
Very different circumstances from last year. Shooting 19% and still being within 4. They cannot shoot any worse. LCC has more options than last year. Shouse was the difference in the game. Good mobility and handled ball well. BC guards committed too many TO's. W/o Noble handling pressure, BC needs others to step up.

The ref in question goes to the state tourney year in and year out. You want the best to call the game.

We will see who learns the most.

Next game should bring a better brand of basketball.
I believe both teams will improve.. I do agree that LCC has more options than last year and #24 Kelah Eldridge is just an 8th grader she had 11 points in the loss..Along with the freshman class it should be fun to watch LCC grow...