Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Channing Fugate
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:That's where we will be playing next year in State Finals.:confused:

i thought you meant he was signing with WKU...haha

thats where you will be playing the state championship next year?
i didnt know you guys were already guaranteed a spot.
Here is a stat for people to look at. Channing is one of ONLY five running backs in the histroy of high school football in KY to rush for over 3000 yards in a season. The others are
Frank Jones-3361 yards rushing
Shaun Alexander-3166 yards rushing
Channing Fugate-3047 yards rushing
Jeremy Simpson-3044 yards rushing
Derik Homer-3003 yards rushing
All these other running backs have had some pretty good careers.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Yeah;weaker;like RUSSELL

Wow you need a lesson in reading comprehension. Where in the world did anyone make the comment about Russell being tougher?

Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Or may improve his stats.:Angry07:

How would playing against 6A defenses make his stats better? :confused:

Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:There you go again.What brought Russell in was a response to a quote made by your neighbor.We have played em' before so I guess they and Belfry and everyone we play is weak.Just agreeing with you.I didn't say a 6A line by the way........I said a St.X line.Just like Finch.

I would hope you are either Channing himself or some young high school student because anyone else in their right mind would be able to comprehend what this thread is about. Channing is not the second coming of Christ when it comes to football. Sure he has phenomenal stats but look at the schedule they play. Powell, Fleming, Lawrence.... 3A football is historically and understandably weaker to those that have any sort of football comprehension.

Get a grip and realize that no one is downing the kid. They are just saying that If you want to compare schedules then Finch has been playing against NFL type competition and Fugate has been playing against college level. That's why he can rack up all of those stats.
NFL type competition really? Wow thats saying alot.
He could do it but its up to him on how far this guy will go. He is a big kid that can run. I give him that. He has decent speed. He needs to get that up more so he will be ready for the next level.
He is only a junior we are talking about. Now if he was a senior I could understand. But he has another year to get bigger, stronger and faster. To me that is just scary!
Angel of Death Wrote:i thought you meant he was signing with WKU...haha

I'm guaranteeing it myself.
Angel of Death Wrote:i thought you meant he was signing with WKU...haha

Well who will be in their way to stop them? Belfry? Russell? Sheldon Clark? No, no, and no. They will be the best team in the mountains next year. They will make it to state. They will make it to state.
C.Clair Wrote:Here is a stat for people to look at. Channing is one of ONLY five running backs in the histroy of high school football in KY to rush for over 3000 yards in a season. The others are
Frank Jones-3361 yards rushing
Shaun Alexander-3166 yards rushing
Channing Fugate-3047 yards rushing
Jeremy Simpson-3044 yards rushing
Derik Homer-3003 yards rushing
All these other running backs have had some pretty good careers.

Out of these, only one that i know of made it to the NFL. Frank Jones That was back in the 60's when he done that. Fugate i don't think he will be a RB/FB in college. He is a better LB, then he is a RB.
cj2561 Wrote:Out of these, only one that i know of made it to the NFL. Frank Jones That was back in the 60's when he done that. Fugate i don't think he will be a RB/FB in college. He is a better LB, then he is a RB.

Whatever he goes as will be great.A free education;that's what it's all about.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Whatever he goes as will be great.A free education;that's what it's all about.

Agreed.
cj2561 Wrote:Out of these, only one that i know of made it to the NFL. Frank Jones That was back in the 60's when he done that. Fugate i don't think he will be a RB/FB in college. He is a better LB, then he is a RB.

Ever heard of Shaun Alexander???

Football knowledge on this thread is mind-boggling.Rolleyes
Leonidas Wrote:Ever heard of Shaun Alexander???

Football knowledge on this thread is mind-boggling.Rolleyes
He played for the Seahawks
He was the MVP of the entire league with the Seahawks.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:What good RB doesn't have to have a good O-Line. I find it funny that a lot of people on here think that one player should be able to win games for teams. Yes 1 player can win games when you aren't playing anybody but not when you are playing a total team.

Ryan Kelly had a sub par line and still rused for over 1800 yards this season..and last year dials made teams look foolish :eek:
Im think Channing is in pretty good company with those four guys.
Congrats to Channing on a good year I've seen him play a few times and he's one of the better backs that I've watched. Can't wait to see what he will do when he returns for his Senior season.
Crossbones Wrote:I am both, from Eastern Kentucky and a UK fan. Has nothing to do with the fact that this young man would NOT and could NOT rack up those same kind of stats against college competition. I'm just being realitic here, unlike you all that are looking through Breathitt Blue colored glasses. Fugate is a good, no excellent high school running back against the competition Breathitt has played. But against a D1 defense.Rolleyes I don't know how simpler I can explain it.

I understand what you are trying to say and I totally agree with you.
Channing isnt the team, and if you ask him he will tell you the same thing. It isnt about him its about the team. From what I have talked to him he is very humble and gives all the credit to his O line and the people around him. Noone I dont beleive is calling him god or anything like that we are just proud of what he has done this year and all of the accomplishments.
Next year I look for Jade to have a break out season and for Channing to keep on doing what he is doing.
That guy is like superman (lol) He can run around you, run over you, out run you, would be tacklers just bouce off, stiff arm you, somebody needs to bring some kryptonite to the game to slow this guy down. (lol)
Jade will have a break out year next year. Justin was good his junior year but broke out his senior season. I look for Jade to do the same thing.