Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge 69 Pike County Central 52
Warriors erase a 12 point first half deficit and beat the Hawks.
Congrats ER
anyone have stats?
wow good win east ridge......
Congrats East Ridge.
Two early not-so-good losses for PCC...
Congratulations Wariors.

I would have predicted a different outcome. Congrats ER!
Thought PC would win this game but congrats East Ridge.
The game should have been a lot closer but the hawks missed 6-7 free throws in the fourth quarter alone...then they were forced to foul and the warriors hit most of theirs....

the hawks will pull it together though..i have faith =)
Central Basketball Wrote:The game should have been a lot closer but the hawks missed 6-7 free throws in the fourth quarter alone...then they were forced to foul and the warriors hit most of theirs....

Actually, I'm going to have to disagree and say the exact opposite. The Warriors would have won by more had the refs called more fouls than what they did. They let a game of football go on on that floor. This isn't a big whine about the refs screwing us over or anything, they just let it get way too rough and blatantly obvious fouls were not called. An East Ridge player was close to going out of bounds and a player from Pike Central took two hands and SHOVED him out of bounds. They called him out, no foul. It was an INTENTIONAL foul and that's only ONE example, it happened many times. Pike Central wasn't forced to foul because they were still fouling with 8 seconds to go on the clock and we had an 18 point lead if I'm not mistaken.

you're right the refs did let a lot of fouls go...east ridge's big man was pushing all night long...
One boy on Centrals team got his nose busted and the ref was within two feet of him and they still didn't call anything. I can't wait for a rematch. Centrals post players did need to step it up a bit too. Meade acted like he didn't know how to post up. Then they put some new player in and he just stood there. I think lazyness got the best of them. Its point less for the guard to give it there all when the post players are going to just take up space.
Great job East Ridge. I read these blogs everyday when Phelps beat PC the other day all PC did on here was complain about how the game was called, now you are doing the same thing to East Ridge. Hey you guys need to suck it up and take your losses and let the winning teams get the attention they deserve for their WIN. I guess what I'm saying is quit crying after every game it's getting OLD:Thumbs:
I went to the ERHS game againt Central the other night and I couldn't help but wonder HOW IN THE WORLD does the high school with the LARGEST FEEDER SCHOOL SYSTEM in Pike County consistantly have the most UNDERACHEIVING TEAMS???? I have a friend that said they have over 1,000 kids at Johns Creek, all of the kids at Mullins and even Kimper to draw from and they can't beat East Ridge or Phelps! Something isn't right on Buckley's Creek===they should have an all star team with that many kids to draw from. I am extremely disappointed.
Central Basketball Wrote:you're right the refs did let a lot of fouls go...east ridge's big man was pushing all night long...

I would push people off from me too if they were hanging on me like a monkey to a tree. Just because you can't post up against someone doesn't give you the right to hold their jersey, hang all over them, or try to push them around either. I give Jake a lot of credit for keeping his cool when he's been held like that because I know that I would be reacting worse than just a nudge to back them off every now and then.

Congrats Warriors!

I think a lot of people have underestimated East Ridge, but I wish both teams a good season
jbutcher Wrote:I went to the ERHS game againt Central the other night and I couldn't help but wonder HOW IN THE WORLD does the high school with the LARGEST FEEDER SCHOOL SYSTEM in Pike County consistantly have the most UNDERACHEIVING TEAMS???? I have a friend that said they have over 1,000 kids at Johns Creek, all of the kids at Mullins and even Kimper to draw from and they can't beat East Ridge or Phelps! Something isn't right on Buckley's Creek===they should have an all star team with that many kids to draw from. I am extremely disappointed.

As long as the current coaching staff is what it is, PC wont do much with the talent they have. When PC started coming back against Phelps the coach replaces the entire five with a new five, shows he doesnt know what he is doing. Dont see them doing much, sad, because they have some talent on the floor and in the school who has been run off.