Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Over: Maryville, TN 74-Game Win Streak Ends
turnovers and pentaties, kept them from keeping the longest winning streak in the nation going, and 5 straight titles, they have 7 titles in the last 10 years,24hrs earlier the team from mississippi had an 80 something gmae win streak stopped in the finals as well..
wow that is crazy
All good things must come to an end. I remember people thought the world was going to end when De La Salle in California had their 132 game streak snapped, and then went on to lose 2 or 3 more games that year....and when Independence (100+ game winning streak) was beat last year or two years ago in the Kirk Herbstriet showcase in Cincinnati. Good streak though.
cuppett777 Wrote:turnovers and pentaties, kept them from keeping the longest winning streak in the nation going, and 5 straight titles, they have 7 titles in the last 10 years,24hrs earlier the team from mississippi had an 80 something gmae win streak stopped in the finals as well..

What size school is Maryville? Do they play the big boys?
sstack Wrote:What size school is Maryville? Do they play the big boys?

4A, moving to 5A next season.

The really funny thing is that their biggest rival, Alcoa (located 2 miles away), won their fifth straight state championship in 2A on Friday, becoming the first team in state history to win five straight. Maryville would have been the second. Smile
No one can be perfect forever, you learn from defeat.
sstack Wrote:What size school is Maryville? Do they play the big boys?

they are a 4a school in tn..
d2hoopsfan Wrote:4A, moving to 5A next season.

The really funny thing is that their biggest rival, Alcoa (located 2 miles away), won their fifth straight state championship in 2A on Friday, becoming the first team in state history to win five straight. Maryville would have been the second. Smile

your up to date with your information do you live in tn as well as me?
What a record!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
d2hoopsfan Wrote:4A, moving to 5A next season.

Maryville does not play with the big boys. IMO, they just happen to be good in 4A, but all that changes next year. Tennessee is moving to a six-class format and Maryville will be 6A. Their scheduled will be tougher but will be competitive.
[quote=bellgo]Maryville does not play with the big boys. IMO, they just happen to be good in 4A, but all that changes next year. Tennessee is moving to a six-class format and Maryville will be 6A. Their scheduled will be tougher but will be competitivdo

do you live in tn? i didnt know they was going to six..
cuppett777 Wrote:
bellgo Wrote:Maryville does not play with the big boys. IMO, they just happen to be good in 4A, but all that changes next year. Tennessee is moving to a six-class format and Maryville will be 6A. Their scheduled will be tougher but will be competitivdo

It's a weird format. 5 classes during the regular season and then 5A splits into 5A and 6A during the playoffs. They've also restructured the classes into A (1A & 2A), AA (3A & 4A) and AAA (5A & 6A). It's supposed to cut down on travel costs.

I guess Maryville skipped 5A and moved straight up to 6A for the postseason. Wonder why they didn't move up earlier if their enrollment has jumped THAT much.

I bet everyone they used to play quits playing them, except for Alcoa. Big Grin

http://www.tssaa.org/Classifications/2009Classes.htm
i would like to see them play scince hill, or db, or south sometime when i am dont back in belfry watching the pirates..
cuppett777 Wrote:[quote=bellgo]Maryville does not play with the big boys. IMO, they just happen to be good in 4A, but all that changes next year. Tennessee is moving to a six-class format and Maryville will be 6A. Their scheduled will be tougher but will be competitivdo

Well, I'm originally from TN and still keep up with high school football there. Currently, I live in IL where high school football is not so big. As for Maryville, they do have the enrollment for 6A.
bellgo Wrote:[quote=cuppett777]

Well, I'm originally from TN and still keep up with high school football there. Currently, I live in IL where high school football is not so big. As for Maryville, they do have the enrollment for 6A.

so you keep up with ky to it looks like.
cuppett777 Wrote:[quote=bellgo]

so you keep up with ky to it looks like.

Actually, I do keep up with high school football in some states including KY. I'm familiar with some of the powerhouses in the state and other teams who are pretty competitive year in and year out.

As for Maryville's 74-game win streak snapping, the other team (Hillsboro) was very fast on defense although they were undersized. BTW, Maryville and Alcoa are big rivals. Alcoa has been in a league of their own in 2A, winning five straight titles. Seriously, they could have done well in 3A.

South Panola (Miss.) was the team that had their 89-game win streak broken by Meridian in OT of the
5A Title Game.
bellgo Wrote:[quote=cuppett777]

Actually, I do keep up with high school football in some states including KY. I'm familiar with some of the powerhouses in the state and other teams who are pretty competitive year in and year out.

As for Maryville's 74-game win streak snapping, the other team (Hillsboro) was very fast on defense although they were undersized. BTW, Maryville and Alcoa are big rivals. Alcoa has been in a league of their own in 2A, winning five straight titles. Seriously, they could have done well in 3A.

South Panola (Miss.) was the team that had their 89-game win streak broken by Meridian in OT of the
5A Title Game.

yea i know, i am trying to get the right people in the mix to get maryville or alcoa to play belfry or johnson central, i think they would be really good games not sure if it will happen thought but have people working on it
As of right now Bell will play Alcoa and Knoxville Catholic in the City County Bowl. That is if Middlesboro agrees and those teams sign the contract. Verbally it is a go.