Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 78 - Lewis County 68
Lewis Co. lost the first game of the regular season tonight in Vanceburg, by a score of 78-68.
Congrats Tomcats!!
Lewis did alright tonight.:Thumbs:
Bonner and Johnson should carry the Tomcats this year. They are probably not a very deep team though. Anybody know how the Ashland gaurds looked in this one?
I saw where Bonner didn't play because of being ejected from the Ashland/Highlands playoff game in football. This makes the win more impressive. Bonner is the leading scorer and rebounder returning for Ashland.
Witten was also out for lewis
ukfootballrocks Wrote:Witten was also out for lewis

how long?
ukfootballrocks Wrote:Witten was also out for lewis

I wonder if he will fit in with this years team very well?

This game was closer than 10 pts.Lewis had a shot at winning this game just a few bad shots , turnovers and a few crucial defensive breakdowns did them in. No one's fault that's hs basketball.It should be a good season for the Lions once they get the wrinkels ironed out.
why wouldnt he?
kybaseball Wrote:I wonder if he will fit in with this years team very well?

This game was closer than 10 pts.Lewis had a shot at winning this game just a few bad shots , turnovers and a few crucial defensive breakdowns did them in. No one's fault that's hs basketball.It should be a good season for the Lions once they get the wrinkels ironed out.
possibly a comeback next week but not for sure. Alot of rehab needed for a broken leg.
goal_line Wrote:how long?
ukfootballrocks Wrote:why wouldnt he?

Well he did have a pretty bad injury that will affect his defense and it will sure affect his shooting he loves to jack up the 3's every chance he gets.I just hope he is back at 100%. :Thumbs:
Whom was the scoring leaders for each team?
he sure does like to jack up them 3s lol but he hits them!!!! and defense i beleive he could have played with a cast from his ankle to thigh and played jus as good of defense as the lions did last night lol

kybaseball Wrote:Well he did have a pretty bad injury that will affect his defense and it will sure affect his shooting he loves to jack up the 3's every chance he gets.I just hope he is back at 100%. :Thumbs:
ukfootballrocks Wrote:he sure does like to jack up them 3s lol but he hits them!!!! and defense i beleive he could have played with a cast from his ankle to thigh and played jus as good of defense as the lions did last night lol

I'm not knocking him in any way he is a heck of an athlete.But I would like to see his true FG % from 3 pt land.
Congrats to Ashland on a good win.
riley had a phenomenal game from what i heard on the radio, he led LC in scoring with 18 points, and he is only gonna get better as the season goes along, good luck to the Lions on Friday against Scott High. Scott beat Mason last night by 3, I think.
ukfanatic_37 Wrote:riley had a phenomenal game from what i heard on the radio, he led LC in scoring with 18 points, and he is only gonna get better as the season goes along, good luck to the Lions on Friday against Scott High. Scott beat Mason last night by 3, I think.
That was Highlands that beat Mason County last night. Scott beat Silver Grove 69-26.
ukfanatic_37 Wrote:riley had a phenomenal game from what i heard on the radio, he led LC in scoring with 18 points, and he is only gonna get better as the season goes along, good luck to the Lions on Friday against Scott High. Scott beat Mason last night by 3, I think.

Actually Smith 19 pts led the team in scoring. The Riley boy is a stud for sure.
im not totally sure what it is but i know is last year he got the highest 3pt field goal % at the bankqet so im pretty sure its a decent % but what do we know ive just seen games where he catches fire and games when hes not but he seems to be a good shooter either way. i just hope he gets back soon! to join a awesome starting 5 with Witten, Thompson, Smith, Riley and (cropper, Pruitt or Calvert) the team should have real legit shot of 63rd district champs.

kybaseball Wrote:I'm not knocking him in any way he is a heck of an athlete.But I would like to see his true FG % from 3 pt land.
ukfootballrocks Wrote:im not totally sure what it is but i know is last year he got the highest 3pt field goal % at the bankqet so im pretty sure its a decent % but what do we know ive just seen games where he catches fire and games when hes not but he seems to be a good shooter either way. i just hope he gets back soon! to join a awesome starting 5 with Witten, Thompson, Smith, Riley and (cropper, Pruitt or Calvert) the team should have real legit shot of 63rd district champs.

What banquet was that at? We both agree about wanting him to get back, and he is a descent shooter.Your right when he is on he can flat light it up. :thumpsup:

I'm not saying this. But a lot of people will tell you when he is cold he will flat shoot the team out of a ballgame as well, he won't let up he just keeps a gunnin. Sad Is this true?

They should have more than a legit shot they should win it rather easily.:thumpsup:
ever hear that old quote good shooters keep shooting lol.....and shoot the team out of the game i doubt that i really dont think a player can shoot his team out of the game, but imo lewis as a team has shot thereselves out of games the last few years seems like the last team that actually looked for other ways to score was the 04 district champs led by tyler clark and brandon bryant. i think the last few years the lewis teams has lived and died by the 3 and imo that has hurt them, but enough will all that i think this years team has more individual talent then LC teams in the past i think at least 4 of there starting 5 can make the all ekc team rather the team than last year with just Witten. Individual talent is great for a team but sometimes it may hurt them imo in the ashland game there was a few too many bad shots taken hopefully the team can play a bit more in sync and i think all they need is time. Thats just my IMO

kybaseball Wrote:What banquet was that at? We both agree about wanting him to get back, and he is a descent shooter.Your right when he is on he can flat light it up. :thumpsup:

I'm not saying this. But a lot of people will tell you when he is cold he will flat shoot the team out of a ballgame as well, he won't let up he just keeps a gunnin. Sad Is this true?

They should have more than a legit shot they should win it rather easily.:thumpsup:
ukfootballrocks Wrote:ever hear that old quote good shooters keep shooting lol.....and shoot the team out of the game i doubt that i really dont think a player can shoot his team out of the game, but imo lewis as a team has shot thereselves out of games the last few years seems like the last team that actually looked for other ways to score was the 04 district champs led by tyler clark and brandon bryant. i think the last few years the lewis teams has lived and died by the 3 and imo that has hurt them, but enough will all that i think this years team has more individual talent then LC teams in the past i think at least 4 of there starting 5 can make the all ekc team rather the team than last year with just Witten. Individual talent is great for a team but sometimes it may hurt them imo in the ashland game there was a few too many bad shots taken hopefully the team can play a bit more in sync and i think all they need is time. Thats just my IMO

I agree, They need to get some things ironed out I will say with the brutes they have on the post this season the 3ptrs should be cut back.
Just wanted to ask.. Is the Riley kid Jeff Riley's boy that used to coach Elliott Co??
Congrats Ashland
letthebighogroot Wrote:Just wanted to ask.. Is the Riley kid Jeff Riley's boy that used to coach Elliott Co??

No, he is the nephew of LCMS's Principal, Larry Riley
BTW, bout the misinformation, I though that mason played scott the other night, my bad..................sorry