18. North Hardin 21-8 Lost in district
19. Anderson County 20-6 Lost in region first round
20. Adair County 27-6 Lost in region semifinals
21. Madisonville 22-10 Lost in region semifinals
22. Fairdale 22-11 Lost in region finals
23. Muhlenberg North26-5 Lost in region semifinals
24. Corbin 25-8 Lost in region finals
25. Owensboro 23-10 Lost in state quarterfinals
Based on voting by the state's coaches (first-place votes in parentheses)
That looks pretty good outside of Clark Co.I am not trying to be hard on them I just don't think they warrant that high of a ranking. JMO
kybaseball Wrote:That looks pretty good outside of Clark Co.I am not trying to be hard on them I just don't think they warrant that high of a ranking. JMO
Clark County was without a key player in that scrimmage against Elliott. That and Elliott County is going to make alot of teams look worse than they are.
FBALL Wrote:Clark County was without a key player in that scrimmage against Elliott. That and Elliott County is going to make alot of teams look worse than they are.

Sorry bout that.
Where's Johnson Central? I heard they were supposed to be regional championship contenders this year with all of the seniors they have.
Corbin smacked Clark County just as bad as Elliot County. They're overrated pretty bad or it at least appears that way at this point.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Johnson Central was right behind Valley in the regional rankings and with Justice voted best player in the region, they squeezed into the statewide and JC didn't make it. I really expect them to be a great team this season though.

Preseason scrimmage scores mean next to nothing. I predict Corbin, GRC and Elliott will all three be very good.

I can remember about 6 or 8 years ago going to a scrimmage in eastern Kentucky between one of the top teams in eastern Kentucky and the top rated team in the state. The score was reset to 0-0 after each quarter. Noone from the top team in the state knew or cared what the running score was. They treated the scrimmage as a scrimmage, playing all their players. When the 4th quarter was over the other team began to celebrate. The coaches, players, and fans were going nuts. When asked by the visiting coach what was going on they said "we just beat your team by 1 point. They even ran a story in their local newspaper that their local team had beaten the state's top team. The same two teams played again in a regular scheduled game in January. The states top team could have won by 40 if they had chose to. They won by about 30. They sure are fun to watch, but don't put too much stock in scrimmage scores.
go maroons
oh by the way does madisonville have anyone besides hood?
Eillott #3, Yea ok. Smile
cuppett777 Wrote:oh by the way does madisonville have anyone besides hood?

Hood is the only returning starter.
RavenBoy Wrote:Eillott #3, Yea ok. Smile
I agree. They should be higher.
I'll simply say this.....Elliott, although not playing close to their best game looked better than Scott Co. did (who I am sure didn't play their best game either) What this means to me and all fans of Eastern Ky Basketball.......This could very well be the year!!!! With a good draw and a little luck, EC, SV, or Hazard could be at least playing on Sat. night!:Clap:
cuppett777 Wrote:oh by the way does madisonville have anyone besides hood?

After seeing them tonight...... NOOOOOOO
rojas Wrote:Preseason scrimmage scores mean next to nothing. I predict Corbin, GRC and Elliott will all three be very good.

I can remember about 6 or 8 years ago going to a scrimmage in eastern Kentucky between one of the top teams in eastern Kentucky and the top rated team in the state. The score was reset to 0-0 after each quarter. Noone from the top team in the state knew or cared what the running score was. They treated the scrimmage as a scrimmage, playing all their players. When the 4th quarter was over the other team began to celebrate. The coaches, players, and fans were going nuts. When asked by the visiting coach what was going on they said "we just beat your team by 1 point. They even ran a story in their local newspaper that their local team had beaten the state's top team. The same two teams played again in a regular scheduled game in January. The states top team could have won by 40 if they had chose to. They won by about 30. They sure are fun to watch, but don't put too much stock in scrimmage scores.

Good post.

I agree that no one should put much stock into preseason scrimmages. Teams may not have all their players, they may not be running all the usual plays, and the coach may be specifically trying to work on one or two things. They may give some indicator as to how good a team will be, but should not be given as much weight as a regular season game.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]