Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Letcher Central "BONE" against Whitley?
Rumor has it that Hillard may go "wishbone" for the remainder of the season due to the success he had with it in taking Pikeville to 3 state titles. I Don't know a great deal about this offense, but a friend of mine attended practice yesterday and said they were using more backs than normal. I guess we'll see friday night at Whitley
It will work the Wishbone is a great offense!!
Wont really matter...Whitley by 3 Td's
Coach loves the Wishbone and knows it better than anyone else in the mountains. I don't see it happening though. Ben is now in control of the offense and he hates the "Bone". They may use a few more backs but I just don't see it being the bone, just my opinion. King 360 I think you may be wrong this time. If Whitley does win it will not be by 20+ points. The Cougar defense is clicking right now and I think it will be a close game with the Cougars winning by 6 points.
im taking whitley.
i woulndt say he knows it better than haywood.
I really doubt that this will happen and I hope it doesn't. I hate seeing teams get away from their system. Do what you do and get good enough at it to beat people. LCC has had too much success with their offense to go changing anything now. And besides, Ben Howard would have a stroke if Hillard tried to line up a wishbone formation at LCC Smile Smile Smile
Haywood knows it better.
They both know it pretty well. But I really doubt him doing that because it is actually a difficult offense to learn and get your timing down on. Howard will ride what got him this far.
king360 Wrote:Wont really matter...Whitley by 3 Td's

haha We'll see bout that...
go cougars
1 MORE DAY! Can't wait!
I don't see either team winning by 3 tds. I am taking the cougars in this one.

It will be a good game nonetheless.
no it will be a good game a close as last week who knows.
LetcherCentral23 Wrote:haha We'll see bout that...

lol..come on now
I would say he knows it better than Haywood. I bet if you were to ask Coach Haywood where he got some of his knowledge about the Bone he would tell you from Hillard. Just because he doesn't run it anymore doesn't mean he does not know the bone inside and out.
I don't care if Hillard wrote the book on the wishbone, two days of practice doesn't cut it. LCC has had a great run, it ends this friday, Whitley wins this game.
I don't see Howard his offense this late in the season, although Letcher Central will have to pull a few tricks out of their bag in this one.
No way we will see them run the "BONE" at LCC this week. There's alot more to running the wishbone than lining up and handing the football off. Wishbone success comes from the big boys up front and you don't learn it in a week.
i am going for lcc on all the way
The wishbone is a "full house" set. With a HB, TB, and FB in the back field. The HB and TB are lined up side by side behind the full back. In the Revers Wishbone, the TB and FB are lined up side by side in front of the HB . Raceland has had some success with this as well as the spread this year and in years past thats all Raceland ran. Belfry and Johnson Central both run this offense, if i'm not mistaken. Some pro teams have brought in a reverse wishbone set.