Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 30 - Russell 23
Beetle01 Wrote:It just seems this year to me, the play calling has been poorly timed. It seems that when we need to run, we pass, and vice versa. especially the last 2 games. All season we should have been airing it out more, but they were going to Drew 25+ times a game. Now when Dave is out hurt, they goto the pass? It makes no sense to me. We've ran nearly 40 pass plays the last 2 games. When Drew, Will, and Storm were running down their throats, we went to an air raid offense. Now anyone want to take a bet that when we play Belfry, a team noone beats by running it down their throats, we will be lucky to see 5 pass plays?

Totally agree, agree, agree. The play calling has been backward. Games we should run we try to pass or wait till 3rd down to pass and games when the pass is there we run??????? The counter got replaced by the reverse. Give #44 the ball on the slants & dives, big strong player and again not utilizing what they have.
This game was won last JAN thru JULY in the weight pile. Raceland's D-fence was just blowing past our line and refused to give up. Where were the ends. Can anyone contain the outside ??????
Russell has 2 weeks to prepare for PCC & Belfry. Get it together and have some DEVIL Pride.
Most of the time I saw our ends getting blow 5-8yds down the field. They try and stand around and chicken fight, instead of getting to the outside of their blocker and containing the play. Don't bother with blockers, shed them and go about your business. Way too much of that going on, especially along the defensive front, get rid of the blockers and get to the ball carrier.
charliez Wrote:I can not figure why they took Storm out when we had to settle for the fg?Should have ran that boy over top of them. He came out fired up! & he was told to come out ????Worse thing you can do to a back when hes ready. The boys looked much better tonight! Good Job! Much improved!
What was Mcglone thinking?
Even the players are confused by the plays being called on the field. Whats with that?
I just would like to know if that was Casey Clarks dad that made that horrible holding call to decide the game for Raceland? I have heard he is a big Raceland fan!
A holding call did not decide the game. I do agree it was a bad call but it did not decide the game. Russell had their chances and did not capitalize on them. Even after that flag. Had there not been a problem on the snap Abrams was wide open and the game more than likely goes to OT.
Devil09 Wrote:Even the players are confused by the plays being called on the field. Whats with that?

If the players are confused with the plays being called they need to get their head in the game. A player should not be confused about any play that is called. They are also not in the position to question his play calling. PERIOD I have a hard time believing that Ivan would give a play to A.J. that he has never heard of before. Then A. J. takes the play and gives it to the other 10 players who are confused also. If they are confused then someone needs to become a leader and say; "Coach we don't know that play"! I have a very hard time believing that Ivan would call a play that confuses the players.
SmackDaddy2 Wrote:I just would like to know if that was Casey Clarks dad that made that horrible holding call to decide the game for Raceland? I have heard he is a big Raceland fan!

We had every opportunity to win that game and just came up short. It happens. The ref may have made a bad call. They also had a bad call that was called against Raceland. We lost. Now the games that count on the line.
Jeepman Wrote:If the players are confused with the plays being called they need to get their head in the game. A player should not be confused about any play that is called. They are also not in the position to question his play calling. PERIOD I have a hard time believing that Ivan would give a play to A.J. that he has never heard of before. Then A. J. takes the play and gives it to the other 10 players who are confused also. If they are confused then someone needs to become a leader and say; "Coach we don't know that play"! I have a very hard time believing that Ivan would call a play that confuses the players.

Actually it happens quite often I am told. He tends to call plays like 8 sprint right which would be completely impossible as it takes a 9 formation to do a sprint right. That is unless you motion the 8 formation to 9 formation and then ran a sprint right. But thats neither here nor there. Just I have a had a few players tell me that he gets his formations and plays mixed up alot for some unknown reason.
Jeepman Wrote:We had every opportunity to win that game and just came up short. It happens. The ref may have made a bad call. They also had a bad call that was called against Raceland. We lost. Now the games that count on the line.

And Then it puts the pressure on the quarterback because then he has to make a decision on what exactly Ivan wants because he could have mean't 9 sprint right or 8 sprint left. IMO if your forgetting the formations that you have ran for 33 years then I don't know what to say