Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Rivalry in Eastern Kentucky?
Corbin and Bell was one of the State's best rivalries. Hopefully they will be able to put what differences aside and play again before too long.
bucslover68 Wrote:That Bell versus Johnson Central scrimmage sure got a lot of talk on a couple of threads...Ha Ha. Seriously, Belfry versus Sheldon Clark is a great rivalry until kickoff. Belfry versus Prestonsburg in 2004 was awesome. One day soon, I think that Harlan County versus Breathitt will be a good one. Breathitt versus Belfry in playoff action is a nice one.:redboxer:

Bell Co. and Johnson is a big deal, when a thousand or so people show-up 4 a scrimmage. But next year will start the biggest rivial in the mtn. possible the state, when Bell Co. plays Harlan Co.:eek: It could get big:devilflam
Until you have experienced an apple bowl, you really have never experienced a rivalry, IMO
CATS#2 Wrote:Bell Co. and Johnson is a big deal, when a thousand or so people show-up 4 a scrimmage. But next year will start the biggest rivial in the mtn. possible the state, when Bell Co. plays Harlan Co.:eek: It could get big:devilflam

That indeed would be a big rivalry, but Bell will have a big advantage the first few years. They are on a different level of play than the Bears.
Hazard vs Perry Central
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:Hazard vs Perry Central
I agree. Others worth mentioning are Paintsville/Johnson Central, Allen Central/South Floyd, Prestonsburg/Belfry(football only),Belfry/Pikeville....etc
Hopefully, since the supposed enrollment discrepancy between Corbin and Bell has been shown to be a non-issue Corbin (Corbin much larger enrollment) and Bell can get back to the playing field!
Sheldon Clark- Belfry
Would love to see Johnson Central and Bell County start regular season series, FYI both have common open dates posted on KHSAA website.
Paintsville vs. Pikeville
Hazard and Perry Central is up there.
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:Hazard vs Perry Central

Hazard and PCC is only a rival in basketball. We could care less about that game. When i play the game we think was a rival was pikeville.