Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5th District seeding update........
F.N.L. Wrote:Wayne co. has to beat Monroe co. which just beat a very good Green co.
If Taylor wins out and Wayne loses to Monroe, Taylor should be the #1 SEED on the tiebreaker. Correct me if I'm wrong?
Taylor really needed Hart County to beat Adair County last week to help with their overall point total, but that did not happen. Tc has not beaten anyone with a descent record with the exception of the Somerset game.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

After Thursday nights games, does the playoff picture get any clearer? Pulaski pulled off the upset against Knox County, thus giving Wayne County another point, and Taylor beat Hart County giving them 4 more points. Can someone help make some sense of this mess for me?

My head hurts...LOL
jace7 Wrote:My head hurts...LOL
There are so many teams that will play a role in how the 5th district is seeded. What a mess!

Goooooood lord, this is way too confusing! I think I won't know who's playing who until the night of the 1st round, it'll probably catch the day before with the way all this is going haha!
sc06cheer Wrote:Goooooood lord, this is way too confusing! I think I won't know who's playing who until the night of the 1st round, it'll probably catch the day before with the way all this is going haha!
The seeds will not be set until after the final regular season game is played....Exciting on one hand, stressful on another....Depends how you look at it.......

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:The seeds will not be set until after the final regular season game is played....Exciting on one hand, stressful on another....Depends how you look at it.......

Yeah, it's got to be stressful for the players, not to know who to prepare for, I think it's only exciting for the fans IMO. Like I said, I'll wait till the night they play haha, this is way to confusing!
I think this is right at this point:

Wayne 16
Taylor 13
Somerset 11
They've all beat Casey (2), Jackson (1) and Garrard (4).

So it comes down to this:

Wayne has defeated Pulaski County (6), Russell County (4) and still has Monroe County (8) to go.

Taylor has defeated Campbellsville (3), Hart County (4) and still has Caverna (5).

Somerset has defeated Metcalfe County (4) and still has Harlan County (6) to go.
palmer Wrote:They've all beat Casey (2), Jackson (1) and Garrard (4).

So it comes down to this:

Wayne has defeated Pulaski County (6), Russell County (4) and still has Monroe County (8) to go.

Taylor has defeated Campbellsville (3), Hart County (4) and still has Caverna (5).

Somerset has defeated Metcalfe County (4) and still has Harlan County (6) to go.
It could be an upset alert if Powell and Taylor meet in the first round. I think TC is a better team, but anything can happen when you give up as many points as the Cardinals do. The Estill\Somerset game would be interesting, as would the Harlan\Wayne Co. game. I know that Somerset has to be itching to get another shot at TC and prove that the game in the regular season was a fluke.

palmer Wrote:I think this is right at this point:

Wayne 16
Taylor 13
Somerset 11
If Somerset def. Harlan and Metcalfe def. Adair Co. Somerset would have 18 points....If Wayne loses to Monroe and Pulaski def. West Jessamine, Monroe will end up with 17.....If Taylor def. Caverna and Campbellsville beats Glasgow TC would have 19...If Campbellsville loses to Glasgow, TC would have 18.....If there is still a tie in points the following rule applies.......

iii) If the tie remains after application of provision (ii), an
additional defeated opponent’s wins will be added to the
point total for each team until the tie is broken and the
winner of the tied position declared, or until all games are
exhausted.

iv) If the tie for the position involves only three teams, and the
application of (ii) and (iii) results in one team being declared
the winner of the tied position based on point totals, the
highest point total from the application of (ii) and (iii)
between the two remaining tied teams shall be declared to
hold the next position.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:If Somerset def. Harlan and Metcalfe def. Adair Co. Somerset would have 18 points....If Wayne loses to Monroe and Pulaski def. West Jessamine, Monroe will end up with 17.....If Taylor def. Caverna and Campbellsville beats Glasgow TC would have 19...If Campbellsville loses to Glasgow, TC would have 18.....If there is still a tie in points the following rule applies.......

iii) If the tie remains after application of provision (ii), an
additional defeated opponent’s wins will be added to the
point total for each team until the tie is broken and the
winner of the tied position declared, or until all games are
exhausted.

iv) If the tie for the position involves only three teams, and the
application of (ii) and (iii) results in one team being declared
the winner of the tied position based on point totals, the
highest point total from the application of (ii) and (iii)
between the two remaining tied teams shall be declared to
hold the next position.
The Somerset\Harlan County game should be in the weekly pickem because of its importance.....Huge game as far as seeding is concerned.....If anyone knows if the game is going to be streamed online let me know so I can tell people around Campbellsville so they can listen in.....

So if Somerst loses to H.C.C. and Wayne loses to Monroe, Taylor will win on points if they win out.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:It could be an upset alert if Powell and Taylor meet in the first round. I think TC is a better team, but anything can happen when you give up as many points as the Cardinals do. The Estill\Somerset game would be interesting, as would the Harlan\Wayne Co. game. I know that Somerset has to be itching to get another shot at TC and prove that the game in the regular season was a fluke.

Is it possible Breathitt, Estill, H.C.C. and Powell could sweep?
Powell's best matchup would be Taylor. Powell would have a chance in a shootout. Taylor does not seem to be very sound on defense. Powell has played in a much tougher district with Breathitt, Estill and H.C.C. .
F.N.L. Wrote:Powell's best matchup would be Taylor. Powell would have a chance in a shootout. Taylor does not seem to be very sound on defense. Powell has played in a much tougher district with Breathitt, Estill and H.C.C. .
Powell has played in a tough district, but they have not been competitive in any of the games against the top 3 teams. Powell's best match-up is TC I agree because TC has one of the worst defenses in the state and when you give up a lot of points, anything can happen.

F.N.L. Wrote:Is it possible Breathitt, Estill, H.C.C. and Powell could sweep?
There is a very good chance of that happening.......Gotta love this time of year!

From the Central Ky. News Journal in Campbellsville...

http://www.lcni5.com/cgi-bin/c2.cgi?085+...3085085011

F.N.L. Wrote:Is it possible Breathitt, Estill, H.C.C. and Powell could sweep?

Wouldn't that be something? I beleive it could happen. Taylor is the team we (Powell) would match up with the best.
blitz43 Wrote:Wouldn't that be something? I beleive it could happen. Taylor is the team we (Powell) would match up with the best.
The team that makes the trip I wish the best of luck and a safe trip to and from the game. I wish I could make it, but I will be at the station working the Green Co.\Washington County game. If you like Chinese food, there is a great place I can recommend.