Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class A Playoff System
Just curious as to who we could potentially play?? Hazard being the winner from our district....who would we have to potentially play first, second, third, and fourth round?

For that matter...who would everyone else have to play and where?

I dont understand this playoff bracket this year.
This is what your first 3 rounds of the playoffs will look like for district 7 & 8...

1)Hazard
4)Phelps/Betsy Layne

2)Paintsville/Pikeville
3)Pineville

2)Harlan
3)Allen Central

1)Paintsville/Pikeville
4)Jenkins

Whoever wins of these 8 will either play Williamsburg, LCA or Raceland in the state-semi's
Williamsburg is going to surprise some people in district 5 and 6.
Hazard and Pikeville in regionals.
frankfort and beechwood could these 2 teams meet in the state finals
schs_06 Wrote:frankfort and beechwood could these 2 teams meet in the state finals

Nope either 2nd or 3rd round in the playoffs.
Hazard has a cakewalk to the Regionals
just don't let it get to there heads. They much get better. They aren't as good as they could be.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:This is what your first 3 rounds of the playoffs will look like for district 7 & 8...

1)Hazard
4)Phelps/Betsy Layne

2)Paintsville/Pikeville
3)Pineville

2)Harlan
3)Allen Central

1)Paintsville/Pikeville
4)Jenkins

Whoever wins of these 8 will either play Williamsburg, LCA or Raceland in the state-semi's
Unless the playoff system changed in one year, which I do not think it has, this is not the correct format. With the new 6A playoff system, the teams in one district will not play teams from another district until Round 3, which is the Regional Title Game. Class A, District 8 should look like this:

1. Pikeville/Paintsville
4. Jenkins

2. Pikeville/Paintsville
3. Allen Central

The winner of these first two rounds will play the winner of another district, which in District 8's class last year, was District 5 (Eventually Regional Champ LCA, which beat Pikeville, 45-14). Then the winner from one region will play the winner of another to go to Papa John's. Districts 5-8 make up the East representation in the State title game. Last Year the District 8 played District 5 for one Regional and District 6 played District 7 in another Regional. Last year, LCA won the Dis. 5/8 Regional and Hazard won the Dis. 6/7 Regional and they met in the State Semis where LCA prevailed.

The only thing I'm confused about is the rotation of Districts playing each other. I understood that, for example, Class A District 8 will play Class A District 7 this year in one regional instead of Class A District 5. Obviously they could play District 6 too, but I have no idea how they match them up. Does anyone have a link?

Here is a link of last years playoff format and results:

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...ment_78001
fballfan07 Wrote:Unless the playoff system changed in one year, which I do not think it has, this is not the correct format. With the new 6A playoff system, the teams in one district will not play teams from another district until Round 3, which is the Regional Title Game. Class A, District 8 should look like this:

1. Pikeville/Paintsville
4. Jenkins

2. Pikeville/Paintsville
3. Allen Central

The winner of these first two rounds will play the winner of another district, which in District 8's class last year, was District 5 (Eventually Regional Champ LCA, which beat Pikeville, 45-14). Then the winner from one region will play the winner of another to go to Papa John's. Districts 5-8 make up the East representation in the State title game. Last Year the District 8 played District 5 for one Regional and District 6 played District 7 in another Regional. Last year, LCA won the Dis. 5/8 Regional and Hazard won the Dis. 6/7 Regional and they met in the State Semis where LCA prevailed.

The only thing I'm confused about is the rotation of Districts playing each other. I understood that, for example, Class A District 8 will play Class A District 7 this year in one regional instead of Class A District 5. Obviously they could play District 6 too, but I have no idea how they match them up. Does anyone have a link?

6A stay the same from last year. But 1A - 5A go back to the old. Districts 1 play Districts 2, Districts 3 play Districts 4, Districts 5 play Districts 6, Districts 7 play Districts 8. They done that because the teams can stay closer to home until the state-semi.
fballfan07 Wrote:Unless the playoff system changed in one year, which I do not think it has, this is not the correct format. With the new 6A playoff system, the teams in one district will not play teams from another district until Round 3, which is the Regional Title Game. Class A, District 8 should look like this:

1. Pikeville/Paintsville
4. Jenkins

2. Pikeville/Paintsville
3. Allen Central

You posted last seasons playoff format which changed this season as its back to the way it used to be when we had 4 classes.

So mine is correct.

http://www.khsaa.org/football/playoffpairings.pdf