Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Estill County
59.09%
Harlan County
40.91%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill Co. @ Harlan Co.
Mama Bear Wrote:WOW! Alot going on in this thread. Eventualy we need to get back to talking about the upcoming game. But first.....

Come on back here Bobcatfan22, we are playing Estill Co. Friday and we were all counting on your extensive football knowledge to get our team to "where it needs to be". I don't want to talk about a team that we beat two weeks ago. That game was settled despite Powell's attempts to not play us. I'm concerned with the big district match up between Estill and Harlan County. PLEASE! Enlighten us some more on what we can do??? This is an important game and we need your help. Our team is lacking in something to get some of the negative comments we have gotten from you. Maybe Thursday night you could come down and give Coach Tom Larkey some good advice.

As nice as it would be to see an upset for the boys of Powell, my guess is that you really will be a bobcat fan come Friday. Wink

As for me, I'm a Black Bear fan and am looking forward to a great game against Estill and am hoping for a win. The young men from Harlan County and the young men from Estill both DESERVE their chance to settle it on the field. Your team had their chance.

First of all i agree Larkey is a great coach. Estill has had no trouble stoping the run this year and thats Harlans greatest strength. I mean seriously if you hold Fugate under 100yds, you are definetly doing something right. If Harlan cant spread the field and pass the ball...i dont see them coming even close in this game.
Estill will win this game big... Harlan is NOT as good as people may think... They wont do anything next year in 5A... An ask for the players on here that play for Harlan i think you all need to stop worring about BGR and get ready for a big game on friday when you all play Estill!!!
estill wins big hc cant stop that run...estills a good team...they have a decent field but they need to rename thati mean cmon who is hoover niece lol
youcantseeme85 Wrote:Estill will win this game big... Harlan is NOT as good as people may think... They wont do anything next year in 5A... An ask for the players on here that play for Harlan i think you all need to stop worring about BGR and get ready for a big game on friday when you all play Estill!!!

Smile are kids dont get on here and post. its us older kids that get on here and start all the drama.:p why do you wish bad thing on these kids? you guys wont do anything in 3a next year.how about that.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:First of all i agree Larkey is a great coach. Estill has had no trouble stoping the run this year and thats Harlans greatest strength. I mean seriously if you hold Fugate under 100yds, you are definetly doing something right. If Harlan cant spread the field and pass the ball...i dont see them coming even close in this game.

Coach Larkey, (who is 6th in the state for wins) appreciates your input. I mean, we are desperate here. Rolleyes Rolleyes
history in da makin1 Wrote:estill wins big hc cant stop that run...estills a good team...they have a decent field but they need to rename thati mean cmon who is hoover niece lol

If this comment is meant to be a sort of joke, o.k. Hooever Niece, if I remember right, started the football program at Estill, coached it up, created a tremendous sense of family within the program, was always willing to help out players in need of support, along with his angel of a wife, and certainly earned and deserved the honor of having the field named after him.
history in da makin1 Wrote:i just didnt know...from wat i have heard he was a superstar fball player but i dk if its tru or not i have never heard of him...i know a diff niece from there that was on the uk team but just signed autographs
Ha,Ha,HaSmile
The autograph signer "is" Hoover's son. He was coaching over here at Powell Co. last yr. He's on this message board multiple times...LOL
Jones is a good coach an im from powell an saying that.
this is a game id like to go to friday night but i have one picked out already lol.
According to the weather prediction, it is going to be nasty and ....cold nasty. New taps. Dig in Bears, hold that line and hittem hard. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!! :rockon:
:o If I am correct with whom I am talking to this is Coach Nieces oldest son? Watched you and your brothers play for years. You was a very good football player as well as your brothers. I'm almost 70 years old and the thing that I loved about Coach Niece was how he coached his boys, he was tough on them, but you could tell he loved them as well, just watching him hug them, lifting them up when they needed it and kicking them in the butt when they needed it. It is hard to find a coach now that loved his players the way he did nomatter what back ground they come from. That's why I went and watched Estill many times over 30 years. But Mr. Niece you know as well as I do that it would be almost impossible to keep your players off of these forums. I remember watching a game back in the late 1980's when estill county was playing clay county and you was quarterback and you guys had some little short running back and you guys went into the game a under dog. Well the first half that little running back of yours ran up and down the field on them and you guys had the lead at half time, they couldn't stop him, the second half he might have touched the ball 3 or 4 times and I had to sit up in the stands and listen to people hammer your dad about his coaching and that he was trying to keep his sons stats up because you was the number one QB in the state and you know as well as I do these idiots didn't have a clue about football. I remember seeing your dad one night at a Leslie County game one night watching a play off game, I wanted to meet him, but I didn't get to, but I did get to listen to him talk to other coaches there and he was talking about how the fans was complaining and running there mouths about the coaching. My point is people are going to run their mouths when you are winning and when you are loosing, they will find something negative no matter what, when all they are doing is hurting the kids and the team as a whole. I respect your father as a coach and a man and I'm sure his qualities has been passed down to his boys. I will try to look for you boys at the next game I come to and shake your hands and hopefully get to meet your father. As far as Estill's talent they are big and strong, but I go all over the state and watch football every weekend, man you wouldn't believe the talent that's out there. I wish them luck and let's go out there and root for the team.(players and coaches)
NIECE Wrote:That is why coaches should keep their kids off here. Why would a coach want to read this anyway. 80% of people on here don't know much about football anyway. I have to disagree about the talent, Estill is loaded IMO.
Dr. Truth Wrote:Sad Hey, can a old man here start a new thing on this forum, let's talk football and quit arguing about what elementary kids would talk about. If somebody post a crazy not up here, ignore it and talk with somebody that is mature. We should be on here bragging about our kids playing and we can do that with giving some of our opinions, but using the word p****y and sob? come on. It wouldn't surprise me if they jerked this forum off the website because of these grown men fighting.

Is any of this bickering trickling down to your players?

Meanwhile here in Harlan County, the Black Bears are preparing for a big district game. What affect will this rain have on the game, if any?
Mama Bear Wrote:Is any of this bickering trickling down to your players?

Meanwhile here in Harlan County, the Black Bears are preparing for a big district game. What affect will this rain have on the game, if any?

That's what I am wondering. Depends on HOW much, and how hard it rains I think...
It wouldn't surprise me if you said Larkey practiced his team on the river bank in preparation today. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!:rockon:
:o I think the weather always effects a game, turnovers will be a big key, plus coaches and players being prepared. Which I think they will be from both sides. This is a very important game for the match ups in the play offs.

Sad I hope none of this bickering is trickling down to the Estill county players, but who knows. Me and some of my old buddy's that have been traveling around for 30 years are trying to decide what game to go watch this weekend, I'm trying to convince them to go watch Harlan and Estill, but they always want to go watch these power houses play. For me I like going to the Mountains watching these teams that's trying to build a program. Good luck to both teams and maybe I'll be there friday night and watch some kids play their hearts out.

i say Estill easy by 2 td's or more. Estill has one of the top defenses in the state, and they get some good yards 2. They have 3 rushers they can turn to Benedict who is big and fast. Roberts who is fast and can protect himself. And Covy. Roberts is a sophmore, alot of talent in him IMO
Dr. Truth Wrote:Sad I hope none of this bickering is trickling down to the Estill county players, but who knows. Me and some of my old buddy's that have been traveling around for 30 years are trying to decide what game to go watch this weekend, I'm trying to convince them to go watch Harlan and Estill, but they always want to go watch these power houses play. For me I like going to the Mountains watching these teams that's trying to build a program. Good luck to both teams and maybe I'll be there friday night and watch some kids play their hearts out.

I'd say if you like smash mouth football, you and your buddies should load up, bring your umbrella and get a seat. This looks to be a defensive battle.
Start another and try to keep it civil.