Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JCHS Post Season
Just wondering about district, does JCHS have to play within their district or another district, during the post season. Sorry just thought the only thing that has changed was region's.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Just wondering about district, does JCHS have to play within their district or another district, during the post season. Sorry just thought the only thing that has changed was region's.

JC will be paired up with the District 5 opponents. So if they get 1st or 2nd in the district they will have a home game against the 3 or 4 seed from D5 which includes the likes of Cov. Cath., Highlands, Dixie Heights, etc. So if they are going to win the region then it looks like all roads will lead to Highlands, but will have the luxury (if there is any in playing this team) to have the game at home due to the even year of the season.
IRISH4 Wrote:JC will be paired up with the District 5 opponents. So if they get 1st or 2nd in the district they will have a home game against the 3 or 4 seed from D5 which includes the likes of Cov. Cath., Highlands, Dixie Heights, etc. So if they are going to win the region then it looks like all roads will lead to Highlands, but will have the luxury (if there is any in playing this team) to have the game at home due to the even year of the season.

Thanks, I knew that we would have to play highlands about the third game of the post season. But didn't really know why or how the system worked. Thanks again.
No problem.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Thanks, I knew that we would have to play highlands about the third game of the post season. But didn't really know why or how the system worked. Thanks again.

Well obviously nothing is guaranteed, JC has 2 district games left, one against Ashland who we will be able to get a better read on after there matchup with Woodford Co. on Saturday. But IF JC were to get the #1 seed, yes the Bluebirds would probably visit the Nest round 3 of the postseason, if we were to get through the first 2 rounds. The road is very rough indeed.
Who is in there district? I could just look it up, but what fun is having information and not sharing ,lol.
Scott (Covington, KY) ....................................2-3
Covington Catholic (Park Hills, KY).................3-3
Holmes (Covington, KY).................................3-3
Highlands (Fort Thomas, KY)..........................5-1
Dixie Heights (Edgewood, KY)........................2-4

I found it lol.
As of now, that district is shaping up like...

1) Highlands
2) Cov. Cath
3) Holmes
4) Dixie Heights

Anything, could change though with a few games remaining.
Assuming things shake out as they "should", it will probably be Highland 1; CovCath 2; Dixie 3; and Holmes 4. What is the "likely" finish in JC's district look like?
As of right now, JC is the only undefeated team in D6. Assuming they take care of business the next couple of weeks and avoid a let down...I see....

1) Johnson Central
2) Woodford Co/Ashland
3) Woodford Co/Ashland
4) Bryan Station

However, Ashland has yet to play Bryan Station and could potentially slip into the 3 slot if they beat Ashland and Woodford does the same. Tomorrow's AHS/WCHS game will give a more clear cut view at what the possible scenerios are.
IRISH4 Wrote:As of right now, JC is the only undefeated team in D6. Assuming they take care of business the next couple of weeks and avoid a let down...I see....

1) Johnson Central
2) Woodford Co/Ashland
3) Woodford Co/Ashland
4) Bryan Station

However, Ashland has yet to play Bryan Station and could potentially slip into the 3 slot if they beat Ashland and Woodford does the same. Tomorrow's AHS/WCHS game will give a more clear cut view at what the possible scenerios are.

Thanks. I think Montgomery County is in that district too. If so, I assume they don't have a shot of being one of the 4 qualifiying. Is that correct?
charlie22 Wrote:Thanks. I think Montgomery County is in that district too. If so, I assume they don't have a shot of being one of the 4 qualifiying. Is that correct?

Montgomery has been handily defeated by Ashland and Woodford Co. They still have yet to play Bryan Station (tonight) and then JC (Oct. 24). From what I've heard they are down this season.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Just wondering about district, does JCHS have to play within their district or another district, during the post season. Sorry just thought the only thing that has changed was region's.

JC will play Highland district, in the playoffs.