Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spectator Injuries
Do you know of any cases where a football spectator is injured by one of the players?
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
I remember a fan being injured at a Prestonsburg game... it was around 99 or 00. During a playoff game on the old field fans were standing on the side of the field and a girl was hit by a player... I think it broke her leg.
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I don't know of any specific cases, but I would guess that it could happen if a fan was on the sidelines and got run over.

Possibly injured by running onto the field or something too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
When I was a freshman, a woman taking pictures for the local newspaper was ran over on a sweep play....she flew back around 5ft. and hit her head on the base of our old concrete bleachers.
I remember one of the photographers @ a Russell game got seriously injured. I think in the 02 or 03 season. Both legs were broke if I recall.
Thats why you should be paying attention to the game.
other than the streaker who got his clock cleaned last season ?
No.
Most fb spec. injuries occur when drunk guy misses the high-five and face-plants on the steps or when the goalposts are ridden down by other fans (Rick Rose).
You're more likely to find mascot-related injuries - they've been known to scuffle a bit.

Seriously.... hard for that to happen - most likely in arena football, but I don't know of a specific event.