Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 State Championships
On WYMT tonight they were talking about how the khsaa was thinking of making 2 state championships; 1 for public schools and 1 for private school..
What does everybody think about this??
I don't know if it is a good idea....will put a damper on the Sweet 16 IMO.
I agree it will put a damper on the Sweet 16... going up against and beating the private schools that are suppose to be really good is only half the fun... plus how can you really say you're state champs if the tournament doesn't include all the schools in the state?
The KHSAA is not the one pushing this issue, it is the public school athletic directors.
I believe the last proposal I saw involved a split of football only but all sports have been discussed.
What would it mean if there were a split championship in each sport?
Do both public schools and private schools share the same transfer/recruitment policies? It is my understanding that an athlete can transfer from a public school to a private school without loosing a year eligibility.
I don't think they should split up any sport.. it's a state championship ..the best teams from every school, public and private, in the state should play each other for it..
"15thRegionCrazy" Wrote:I don't think they should split up any sport.. it's a state championship ..the best teams from every school, public and private, in the state should play each other for it..

I agree!
"15thRegionCrazy" Wrote:I don't think they should split up any sport.. it's a state championship ..the best teams from every school, public and private, in the state should play each other for it..

Agreed as well.
the whole idea is bad and it doesnt effect all private schools. just a few.
yeah...but still
I agree with what DTfan said...
bein the state champion means nothing unless all the schools were actually there, because then you'll always have that "what if" factor...like yeah ------school won, but if ------ were there, they coulda beat em...
and u'll never know for sure
IMO they should'nt change anything. I go to the sweet 16 every year and its like the highlight of the year. No changes needed to something that is already great.
I think it would be great.
Yeah
i think that this is a very bad idea cause like gp said there will alway's be that "what if" factor
i dont like the idea but the private schools has an unfair advantage because they are allowed to recruit.