Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Morgan County Cougars
19.05%
Powell County Pirates
80.95%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morgan Co. vs. Powell Co. - Sept. 5
Morgan comes into Powell Co. after a big loss to Rowan Co. & Powell comes into this game with a win over Jackson Co. Powell will come out and win 32 - 8
:letsparty
Powell will win this one by 2 or more touchdowns.
Both of my neighboring schools! lol I go back home to magoffin and I'm next to Morgan.. go to my trailer in Camargo and im next to Powell... who should I pick?
Powell of course!
Powell by 35
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Morgan is not supposed to be that great this year, not that football is their main sport anyway. I'd say Powell by 14.
If the game is at Powell Co. then I will go with Powell.
despite all of powell's winless seasons, they have managed to win only 5 of their season openers, all in a coaching era, posey which lead them to their best record to date, Cvitkovic, martin, jones, and of course whitaker have all won a season opener with powell, im pretty sure all but whitaker have won a second game with powell, if history proves, powell will win. they will any way, but a small history lesson for young powell fans...props to khsaa.org
Hasn't Powell had three 5-5 seasons?
Morgan looked absolutely awful against Rowan. No hitting, no hustle, just plain flat in the first half and was down 35 zip in a New York minute. Second half was a different story. They actually showed some fire and more or less played even with Rowan. If they come out the same way against Powell, it'll be a rompin' stompin' evening for the Pirates. Let's see if this new coach can light a fire under the butts of this lazy, soft Cougar team. Seems that Morgan has the talent, just not the will.

Powell by 14.
blitz43 Wrote:Powell of course!

Powell it is! :Thumbs:
blitz43 Wrote:Hasn't Powell had three 5-5 seasons?

I believe it was 2 or 3. Not really sure.

I'll take Powell by 3+ TDs
I go with Powell
I checked out the KHSAA and they have Powell breaking even twice. 4-4 in 91' (I think that was their 1st yr.) & 5-5 in 98'. They had three 4-6 seasons. 99', 04', & 05.
Morgan's best yr. came in 04' (8-5) & 05' (7-4). Other than those 2 yrs., they had one 4 win season and four 3 win seasons.
Powell gets no respect from the Massey people who have them next to last in 3a. Of course they have my Belfry Pirates number 46 in the state. Powell by 4 touchdowns.
blitz43 Wrote:I checked out the KHSAA and they have Powell breaking even twice. 4-4 in 91' (I think that was their 1st yr.) & 5-5 in 98'. They had three 4-6 seasons. 99', 04', & 05.
Morgan's best yr. came in 04' (8-5) & 05' (7-4). Other than those 2 yrs., they had one 4 win season and four 3 win seasons.

Oh ok. I thought it was 2. But shouldn't you be working? Lol
This year Powell will be better than breaking even!!!!
bluegrassballa Wrote:Oh ok. I thought it was 2. But shouldn't you be working? Lol
I'm caught up. It's one of those perks that come with the job...LOLSmile
bluegrassballa Wrote:Oh ok. I thought it was 2. But shouldn't you be working? Lol

Shouldn't you be doing school work?...LOL :dontthink
Powell county 34-14
I was talking about the past 10 years, but I think they have had a couple .500 seasons but no winning season...yet. Powell is due one, it may come this year, but it will take A LOT of effort put forth by not only the players, the coaches, teachers, parents, admins in Powell. Everyone will have to pull together for this team to be successful.

Powell 2-0 no doubt, it will be ugly, but yeah.
Powell by three touchdowns. Watch the defense for some great plays
blitz43 Wrote:Shouldn't you be doing school work?...LOL :dontthink

Umm, I'm done with my school work. Lol!!
Powell county by 50
stroked Wrote:i was talking about the past 10 years, but i think they have had a couple .500 seasons but no winning season...yet. powell is due one, it may come this year, but it will take ALOT of effort put forth by not only the players, the coaches, teachers, parents, admins in powell. everyone will have to pull together for this team to be successful. but powell 2-0 no doubt, it will be ugly, but yeah.
Over the past 10 yrs., Powell is 31 - 71. Only one 5-5 season. That is a winning percentage of 30%. That isn't pretty but we are looking to change those #'s.
Well tonight we will find out!
Good Luck Powell County
Powell County 20
Morgan County 7