Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central 20 Magoffin County 14
Final
Closer than I expected..
I though Allen Central would win by a little more also..
Congrats to Allen Central
Ac was dominating in the first half and it seemed like in the 2nd half they thought they didnt have to play to win. Almost gave the game up because of it. Acs defense saved the game for them. They came up with 2 key stops at the end when there offense couldnt move the ball. Although this was a close game the first half showed how Ac could play on both sides of the ball. I think they could go 7-3 this year losing to the big 3, Paintsville(which they already lost to),Pikeville, and Hazard.
I agree.
I heard a rumor that they have moved the Craiger kid from qb to tight end and a freshman has went under center.If this is true could somebody tell me why that the staff at Ac has made this switch.
mountain_man Wrote:I heard a rumor that they have moved the Craiger kid from qb to tight end and a freshman has went under center.If this is true could somebody tell me why that the staff at Ac has made this switch.

The "rumor" is fact. I've read a few articles in the local papers, Coach Jeremy Hall is quoted many times referring to his starting Quarterback Freshmen Josh Prater.
WOW Wrote:
mountain_man Wrote:I heard a rumor that they have moved the Craiger kid from qb to tight end and a freshman has went under center.If this is true could somebody tell me why that the staff at Ac has made this switch.

The "rumor" is fact. I've read a few articles in the local papers, Coach Jeremy Hall is quoted many times referring to his starting Quarterback Freshmen Josh Prater.
This is a big suprise to me.Many people had the kid ranked as one of the better sophomore's in the mountains behind Clint Cashen of course.Any idea on why J.Hall made this switch?
Yes, Josh Prater starts at QB for AC. I would have to say Wes Crager has a better arm but Josh is the more mature Qb in game time situations. Also Crager couldnt get good hand offs in the scrimmages so they made the move to a different Qb.
Loving_Football_22 Wrote:Yes, Josh Prater starts at QB for AC. I would have to say Wes Crager has a better arm but Josh is the more mature Qb in game time situations. Also Crager couldnt get good hand offs in the scrimmages so they made the move to a different Qb.

I've been following Floyd County Football pretty close the last few years. I don't recall Crager being an impact player on the middle school level. Any insight on his freshmen season would be appreciated. I'm assuming he played JV. Ryan Hammonds was the varisty QB for AC the last 2 seasons.
good try magoffin co.
almost pulled out a win just keep trying and dont quit 8)
So AC dominated the first half....what was the score at the half? Cause to only score 20 the WHOLE game I wouldn't expect them to dominate at all really.

And they will have to step it up A LOT to have a chance to keep it close with Pikeville.
Ac was up 20-0 at the half and Magoffin didnt have over 20 yards of total offense. There offense was running the ball at will, but it seemed like after half time everyone came out playing half speed and this allowed the game to seem like it was closer then it really was.
Running all over people and scoring only 20 points in a half. To dominate someone, it's more of like 40+ points a half. Just curious, how many total yards in the first 2 quarters?
Loving_Football_22 Wrote:Ac was dominating in the first half and it seemed like in the 2nd half they thought they didnt have to play to win. Almost gave the game up because of it. Acs defense saved the game for them. They came up with 2 key stops at the end when there offense couldnt move the ball. Although this was a close game the first half showed how Ac could play on both sides of the ball. I think they could go 7-3 this year losing to the big 3, Paintsville(which they already lost to),Pikeville, and Hazard.

well no offense to magoffin or anything becouse im behind them i hope they do good this season but if you beat them by just 1 td theres no way your going to play pikeville paintsville or hazard close at all and no way you will be 4th in district. laugh1.gif
Cry
walter payton Wrote:
Loving_Football_22 Wrote:Ac was dominating in the first half and it seemed like in the 2nd half they thought they didnt have to play to win. Almost gave the game up because of it. Acs defense saved the game for them. They came up with 2 key stops at the end when there offense couldnt move the ball. Although this was a close game the first half showed how Ac could play on both sides of the ball. I think they could go 7-3 this year losing to the big 3, Paintsville(which they already lost to),Pikeville, and Hazard.

well no offense to magoffin or anything becouse im behind them i hope they do good this season but if you beat them by just 1 td theres no way your going to play pikeville paintsville or hazard close at all and no way you will be 4th in district. laugh1.gif

i agree :!: