Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lynn Camp 40 Middlesboro 30
Lynn Camp beats Middlesboro for the first time in school history.....Congrats to the Wildcats on this very impressive win. Middlesboro drops to 0-2 and Lynn Camp improves to 1-1.
Congratulations Lynn Camp.

First time in the school's history..that is pretty cool. 8)
Actually, it's our 2nd win against M'boro. We beat them once before about 1936. Smile
Daddy Cat Wrote:Actually, it's our 2nd win against M'boro. We beat them once before about 1936. Smile

Actually the first since 58 or 59, someone told me tonight. This was the first time Coach Mitchell had beaten Middlesboro in 9 tries.
Glad to see the value that Middlesboro and Lynn Camp respectively put on defense... in successive weeks both teams have allowed their opposition to score at will.
Congrats Lynn Camp! Tongue
Actually, our defense is picking up some. We had all our kids back for the first time this year, but a few of the best defensive kids we have (all-stater Anthony Walters, Josh Reynolds,etc.) had been out with illnesses and injuries. Anthony came straight from getting released from a doctor to the game. This was the first football he has been a part of in almost 3 weeks. If we're still allowing 30+ points a game in 2 weeks I will be suprised.
Daddy Cat Wrote:Actually, our defense is picking up some. We had all our kids back for the first time this year, but a few of the best defensive kids we have (all-stater Anthony Walters, Josh Reynolds,etc.) had been out with illnesses and injuries. Anthony came straight from getting released from a doctor to the game. This was the first football he has been a part of in almost 3 weeks. If we're still allowing 30+ points a game in 2 weeks I will be suprised.

You could be right, Anthony didn't start the game, and the jackets jumped out 14 to 0, but Lynn Camp then outscored Middlesboro 40 to 16. Anthony played very well, and onething I notice how physical the defense got. Josh Reynolds, Nick Mills, Michael Hall, Rodney Smith, and Joe Roskropf all a big games, it was a great all around effort, hopefully it will carry over next week against PCC.
Giving up 30 points to this Middlesboro team is by no means cause for panic, but it is cause for concern. On the other hand, giving up 40 points to Lynn Camp after getting lit up by Whitley County (both running teams) is a cause of panic for the Yellowjackets. You can not succeed in mountain football being weak against the run.