Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Job Maddie Roark! - 300m Hurdles
http://www.dailyindependent.com/localspo...31614.html

bit from the column:

Roark only began running the hurdles this spring and came up with a big performance in the state finals.

She crossed the finish line in 47.95 seconds, beating out Elizabethtown eighth-grader Jessica Gabhart (48.05) and Mercer County freshman Olivia Logue (48.14) for the top spot. Another top contender fell over the last hurdle.

“Maddie is so deserving,’’ said Russell coach Alice Leigh. “She’s the last one to leave practice. Today, she came out and continued the tradition of a state champion at Russell.’’

With only a season’s worth of experience under her belt, Roark was able to overcome some pre-race jitters.

“At first I was really nervous because all the girls were about the same speed as me so it was a big competition,” Roark said. “I just did my best and it paid off.”
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Congratulations Maddie. It has been a pleasure working with you this year, and to see the great progress you have made.