Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Apartments
Ok guys, I'm looking at transferring to UK after this coming fall semester, I'm pretty familiar with Lexington because I have to older brothers who both live there but I just wanted your opinions, experiences, etc, on the best apartments for the money in Lexington. The closer to the university the better just looking for a one bedroom apartment. Any insight will be greatly appreciated!
TOMCAT06 Wrote:Ok guys, I'm looking at transferring to UK after this coming fall semester, I'm pretty familiar with Lexington because I have to older brothers who both live there but I just wanted your opinions, experiences, etc, on the best apartments for the money in Lexington. The closer to the university the better just looking for a one bedroom apartment. Any insight will be greatly appreciated!

Depends on how much you want to spend and whether you want a "party" apartment or something more quiet.

Commons Apartments have always been a big party apartment complex. There are some new ones really close to campus, but I hear they're expensive.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stay away from Breckinridge Court. Thats where I lived for 2 years. I had a one bedroom but switched to a townhouse. Big mistake. Their service went downhill after that.
There are some new apartments and townhouses on Appian Way, just off Tates Creek that are really nice, but the surrounding area isn't very good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
When I lived in Lexington, I lived in The Fountains at Andover. It's not close to Campus, but they are really nice apartments for the price you pay. They are located at the intersection of Todds Road and Man O' War and right across from Buffalo Wild Wings. They're about 1 mile from Hamburg. Very very nice, quiet place. You should check it out. I had a two bedroom apartment and it had 2 bathrooms, kitchen, living room, dining room, utility room, fireplace, etc. Between the two of us that lived there, we paid 350 a piece, which isn't bad for how nice the apartments were.
ComfortEagle Wrote:There are some new apartments and townhouses on Appian Way, just off Tates Creek that are really nice, but the surrounding area isn't very good.
No it is not good on that side of Tate's Creek.
Newtown Crossing is nice and it's pretty close to campus.
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If you want the college life and want to be around the best college students you gotta go with Royal Lex off of Winnie St. Its next door to Saddle Ridge. Its not cheap but you will meet alot of students and have your share of parties.
Be willing to get rid of lots of $$$ if you are looking for a one bedroom close to UK.

Don't worry about Newtown Crossing, it's very poorly managed and a lot of crime over there since it opened...

I live at University Village and it's pretty nice but it will run you around 600-700$ per month for a one bedroom..

Best thing to do is come down here and check em' out yourself. There's a ton of studios and one bedrooms around campus.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You need to spend a couple days looking for yourself. Don't listen to anyone else.

Gazette Avenue is cool and close though.
jetpilot Wrote:You need to spend a couple days looking for yourself. Don't listen to anyone else.

Gazette Avenue is cool and close though.
I dont care who you are, thats funny right thurr.TongueirateSho
Anyone know if UK offers 2 year dental hygiene program?
TOMCAT06 Wrote:Anyone know if UK offers 2 year dental hygiene program?

I don't think so. I think the Community College does though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
That's what my internet research is pointing towards, my girlfriend said if i could find one of the schools in lex that offer it that she'd move with me while i finish my engineering degree!! So I'm going to do what i can! Haha!

-Do many of the apartments in lex have open tours of the apartments??
What about Campus Court at red mile anyone have any experience with these apartments??
The Islands apartments look REALLY NICE!!