Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County, 56th District Champs
bluegrassballa Wrote:Well, no. I don't hold any opinions except that Estill is the 56th district regular season champions. And no, you don't poke tholes through people.

The holes, of course, are to be poked through the case the other person is making...which, I'm sure, is something of which you were quite aware.
90FeetFromHome Wrote:I'm just throwing this out there but who gives a _____? The only thing with districts that really matter is whoever is in the championship game so they can advance to regions and get a shot at winning the Regional Title, thats the number 1 goal to win region.

I'm just throwing this back to you: in surgery, a doctor might have as goal #1 to remove, say, a gall bladder; however, as goal #2, he or she might have as a goal to suture the surgery site in such a way as to leave minimal scarring. If the #1 goal is winning the district/regional tournament, does that somehow so diminish other goals that one could say, "Who gives a crap"?
thecavemaster Wrote:I'm just throwing this back to you: in surgery, a doctor might have as goal #1 to remove, say, a gall bladder; however, as goal #2, he or she might have as a goal to suture the surgery site in such a way as to leave minimal scarring. If the #1 goal is winning the district/regional tournament, does that somehow so diminish other goals that one could say, "Who gives a crap"?
Can't we just refer to other things that are on topic rather than Grey's Anatomy or the ER, or other hypothetical things that aren't needed. This is a baseball forum/thread. I can see why you like to use your educational speeches to people because half the time they don't know what their talking about. But sophisticated/educated talk on here means nothing to them, it just keeps the thread going on about b.s. and no one really understands what your talking about. Except some of us. Try to keep it to a limit for the sake of others, and yourself.
Godspeed Wrote:Can't we just refer to other things that are on topic rather than Grey's Anatomy or the ER, or other hypothetical things that aren't needed. This is a baseball forum/thread. I can see why you like to use your educational speeches to people because half the time they don't know what their talking about. But sophisticated/educated talk on here means nothing to them, it just keeps the thread going on about b.s. and no one really understands what your talking about. Except some of us. Try to keep it to a limit for the sake of others, and yourself.

"Educated talk"? Now that's funny. The debate on this thread began when a few questioned the use of the word "champion" in reference to Estill County's baseball team. I have more faith in the BGR crowd than you... I think they know what an analogy is, and I think they know what I'm talking about, even if they strongly disagree with me. P.S. "B.S." is a personal opinion, not a revelation on your part.
thecavemaster Wrote:"Educated talk"? Now that's funny. The debate on this thread began when a few questioned the use of the word "champion" in reference to Estill County's baseball team. I have more faith in the BGR crowd than you... I think they know what an analogy is, and I think they know what I'm talking about, even if they strongly disagree with me. P.S. "B.S." is a personal opinion, not a revelation on your part.

I fully understood you, but I still disagree with you. I have no personal vindetta against you, it was just a discussion/disagreement.
thecavemaster Wrote:The holes, of course, are to be poked through the case the other person is making...which, I'm sure, is something of which you were quite aware.

Everytime you post about something, there is always an arguement. I mean everybody gets it. Estill is the regular season 56th district champs. Which means that they get the #1 seed in the tourney. Just leave it at that.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I fully understood you, but I still disagree with you. I have no personal vindetta against you, it was just a discussion/disagreement.

I was suggesting that your "axe to grind" might have been with Estill County, not with me. We agree to disagree.
bluegrassballa Wrote:Everytime you post about something, there is always an arguement. I mean everybody gets it. Estill is the regular season 56th district champs. Which means that they get the #1 seed in the tourney. Just leave it at that.

I was simply responding to your post about poking holes in people and expressed the thought that I figured everybody did get it.
thecavemaster Wrote:I was simply responding to your post about poking holes in people and expressed the thought that I figured everybody did get it.

Everybody gets it that Estill are the regular season champs. Thats all that has to be said.
thecavemaster Wrote:I was suggesting that your "axe to grind" might have been with Estill County, not with me. We agree to disagree.

Haha! No I don't have any problems with Estill County. I think they run a great program there, and their coach is a real class act. He is a great guy and a great baseball guy. I was really impressed with him when I met him.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Haha! No I don't have any problems with Estill County. I think they run a great program there, and their coach is a real class act. He is a great guy and a great baseball guy. I was really impressed with him when I met him.

Yes they do. It seems like all of Estill County's sports are becoming very good.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:That is my point. They don't even call it a championship for the regular season, it's just for seeding. If it was some kind of championship you would think they would have some sort of reward for it. All the regular season district games are is for seeding purposes only. You don't become a champion until you win the tournament.

There is actually a reward for it...the 1 seed going into the tournament receives a trophy or plaque at the championship game of the district tournament, if u recall when estill defeated lee county last year int he district championship game?...lee gets a trophy for 1 seed....but the point of that thread was that estill is 1 seed..and they will win district...so the thread was right..they are champions of the 56th
joo Wrote:There is actually a reward for it...the 1 seed going into the tournament receives a trophy or plaque at the championship game of the district tournament, if u recall when estill defeated lee county last year int he district championship game?...lee gets a trophy for 1 seed....but the point of that thread was that estill is 1 seed..and they will win district...so the thread was right..they are champions of the 56th

If they got a trophy for regular season then it was something done by the 56th district alone because no one else in the state does that. No other district in the state gives out trophys for having the best district record in the regular season. If they do that, does that mean that the 14th region gives out a regular season trophy to the team with the best record against regional opponents? By that logic that would seem to me the only right thing to do. You may be right, but no other district does that, and I have never heard of it. Anyway congrats Estill on a great season.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:If they got a trophy for regular season then it was something done by the 56th district alone because no one else in the state does that. No other district in the state gives out trophys for having the best district record in the regular season. If they do that, does that mean that the 14th region gives out a regular season trophy to the team with the best record against regional opponents? By that logic that would seem to me the only right thing to do. You may be right, but no other district does that, and I have never heard of it. Anyway congrats Estill on a great season.

So, if nobody in the Jim Crow South would allow "Negroes" to stay in a hotel, then, by logic, nobody in the North should have either? Not to equate the two, which would be silly, but your "...that would seem to be the right thing to do" doesn't wash, now does it?
thecavemaster Wrote:So, if nobody in the Jim Crow South would allow "Negroes" to stay in a hotel, then, by logic, nobody in the North should have either? Not to equate the two, which would be silly, but your "...that would seem to be the right thing to do" doesn't wash, now does it?

No it doesn't....