Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16th Top 10
It's pretty close to mid-season if not past, so awho are the top teams so far?
1. Greenup -has beaten all comers in the region
2. East Carter - Lost to Greenup and Raceland only in the region
3. Boyd County - struggling against tough teams, but still 4-1 in region. The Johnson Central win doesn't look so impressive now
4. Ashland - 8-4 in the region, but talented
5. Raceland - up and coming, but may not be this good
6. Morgan County - an enigma, but did beat Lawrence County
7. Lewis County - only wins against two teams with winning record (Ashland and Belfry), so it is hard to tell how good they really are
8. Russell - can be good, pitching is a weakness so they get outscored too many times
9. Fairview - playing better of late, but only Raceland and Johnson Central wins look good
10. Bath County - record is good, but have not beaten anybody of note except fairview
Sponge Bob Wrote:1. Greenup -has beaten all comers in the region
3. Boyd County - struggling against tough teams, but still 4-1 in region. The Johnson Central win doesn't look so impressive now
7. Lewis County - only wins against two teams with winning record (Ashland and Belfry), so it is hard to tell how good they really are
8. Russell - can be good, pitching is a weakness so they get outscored too many times
9. Fairview - playing better of late, but only Raceland and Johnson Central wins look good
10. Bath County - record is good, but have not beaten anybody of note except fairview

Good notes and most are true but Lewis is better then raceland... as hard as that is to believe,

1. Greenup
2.Boyd
3. East
4.Ashland
5. Lewis
6. Russell
7. Morgan
8.Raceland
9.Fairview
10. Bath
That may be true and pan out, but as of this point in the season, Raceland has a win over East Carter and Lewis doesn't. Also, here are how the two teams look at the moment against common opponents:

Lewis County
East Carter (L)
Greenup (2 L's)
Ashland (W)
Rose Hill (2 W)
Fairview (2 L)
West Carter (W)

Raceland
East Carter (W)
Greenup (L)
Ashland (W)
Rose Hill (W)
Fairview (L)
West Carter (W)

That is Lewis County 3-5 and Raceland 4-2.
Yea I would put Raceland above them as well.
Sponge Bob Wrote:1. Greenup -has beaten all comers in the region
Thanks SB. Looks like Greenup is almost locked in on a region title huh? If there is anyone in the 16th that would beat them who would it be?
Good thing about baseball is that nothing is locked. However, it appears that if both teams play great baseball, the teams with the best chance to knock off Greenup would be East Carter and Boyd County. However, I would not EVER call Greenup a lock to win the region, just the best team.
Sponge Bob Wrote:Good thing about baseball is that nothing is locked. However, it appears that if both teams play great baseball, the teams with the best chance to knock off Greenup would be East Carter and Boyd County. However, I would not EVER call Greenup a lock to win the region, just the best team.
True statement. Isn't Boyd better than East Carter though? East didn't really impress me much. When I saw Boyd play Apollo down at Cocoa Beach they threw their ace, and he was doing a decent job against them. Who in your opinion is better?
I think it really is a toss up. They are supposed to meet head to head tonight. Here are the common opponents:

Boyd County
Raceland (W, 15-5)
Russell (W, 12-2)
Williamstown, KY (L, 2-1)
Nichols, NY (W, 9-8)
West Jessamine (2 L's, 2-0 and 11-3)
Rowan County (W, 7-0)
Greenup (L, 12-8 but was 11-0 at one time)

Total of 4 - 4 record

East Carter
Raceland (L, 7-6)
Russell (W, 7-3)
Williamstown, KY (W, 8-0)
Nichols, NY (W, 5-1)
West Jessamine (L, 8-2)
Rowan County (W, 9-1)
Greenup (L, 13-2)

Total of 4-3 record.

As you can see, it's really a statistical toss up. They both lost to Greenup and West Jessamine. Both beat Nichols, NY, Rowan County and Russell. Boyd beat Raceland, East did not. East beat Williamstown, KY, Boyd did not. Just by seeing them play, I would say East normally would have a slight edge, but I think either Seagraves or Sagraves has elbow tendonitis, which if true, makes East a little weaker at the pitching spot.
Godspeed Wrote:True statement. Isn't Boyd better than East Carter though? East didn't really impress me much. When I saw Boyd play Apollo down at Cocoa Beach they threw their ace, and he was doing a decent job against them. Who in your opinion is better?

Boyds Ace is Logan Helms right?
Bosox Fan Wrote:Boyds Ace is Logan Helms right?
I believe so. Throw's in the low to mid 80's. Pretty decent breaking ball.
Godspeed Wrote:I believe so. Throw's in the low to mid 80's. Pretty decent breaking ball.

Ok thanks...Who else is pitching for them this year?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Yea I would put Raceland above them as well.

well at the end of the raceland and lewis game the score was 13 to 1
With a head to head to compare now, my new top 10 is:

1. Greenup
2. East Carter
3. Boyd County
4. Ashland
5. Lewis County
6. Morgan County
7. Fairview
8. Russell
9. Raceland
10. Bath County
1. Greenup
2. East
3. Ashland
4. Lewis
5. Boyd
6. Morgan
7. Fairview
8. Russell
9. Rowan
10. Raceland
WannaBeaBalla Wrote:1. Greenup
2. East
3. Ashland
4. Lewis
5. Boyd
6. Morgan
7. Fairview
8. Russell
9. Rowan
10. Raceland

I think regardless of how bad Boyd is playing right now they are still a little better than Lewis. With the exception of Logan Helms their pitching is about the same, but Boyd has better consistent hitters than Lewis, and they would beat Lewis if they played.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I think regardless of how bad Boyd is playing right now they are still a little better than Lewis. With the exception of Logan Helms their pitching is about the same, but Boyd has better consistent hitters than Lewis, and they would beat Lewis if they played.

I'm just going with the teams that are hot right now. Boyd is probably better than Lewis when they play their normal game but they are on a slide right now and Lewis is playing their best ball of the season.
Boyd may have a stronger ace but Lewis Co swings hot bats night in and night out!!
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I think regardless of how bad Boyd is playing right now they are still a little better than Lewis. With the exception of Logan Helms their pitching is about the same, but Boyd has better consistent hitters than Lewis, and they would beat Lewis if they played.
ukfootballrocks Wrote:Boyd may have a stronger ace but Lewis Co swings hot bats night in and night out!!

I think you are underestimating boyd's bats. When they show up they can hit. They have some good pitching from their underclassmen that have developed throughout the year, and they will still be one of the top 3 when it's all said and done. Boyd can hit Lewis's pitching. Anybody that throws 80 or below Boyd will be able to hit, and Lewis doesn't have anybody in their pitching rotation that can throw over 80. If they do end up playing in the region I would take Boyd by atleast 5 or 6 runs.