Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Will Coach Starns Golden Eagles Do Next Year In The 15th
How Will The Golden Eagles Do Under The Wings Of New Head Coach Starns????
"ManOfSteel20" Wrote:How Will The Golden Eagles Do Under The Wings Of New Head Coach Starns????

The coach was never the problem in the first place, it's the players. Same team different coach. But since Mccarty is stepping his game up even more, they will make a big noise in the 15th and be a major contender for the title.
"Paperclip" Wrote:The coach was never the problem in the first place, it's the players. Same team different coach. But since Mccarty is stepping his game up even more, they will make a big noise in the 15th and be a major contender for the title.
If you don't think that coaching was the problem then it's obvious that you don't have a clue about anything on the matter. Les was a great guy but if you don't have discipline on your team then you don't have nothing and believe me there was absolutely no discipline on last years or any team that he coached at Johnson Central.
"Golden Eagle" Wrote:
"Paperclip" Wrote:The coach was never the problem in the first place, it's the players. Same team different coach. But since Mccarty is stepping his game up even more, they will make a big noise in the 15th and be a major contender for the title.
If you don't think that coaching was the problem then it's obvious that you don't have a clue about anything on the matter. Les was a great guy but if you don't have discipline on your team then you don't have nothing and believe me there was absolutely no discipline on last years or any team that he coached at Johnson Central.

Well I wasn't aware of the discipline problem. But I was just going from what all I've heard...so I really didn't have a right to say anything. But i'll put my 2 cents in and go ahead and say the problem is gone im hoping. Because of the seniors from last year were the ones that caused the drama..so to speak.
I believe his 1st season will end up in a Regional Champion...and a District Championship Tongue
"Slasher45" Wrote:I believe his 1st season will end up in a Regional Champion...and a District Championship Tongue

If you really believe that then explain to everyone why you think that? We all have our own opinions, but im curious why you think that. Many Eagle fans post on here and bgp on how much better they are this coming season. :roll:
They have beat every team they have faced in the 15th Region...if u would have watched a game this summer....u would say the same. But it's only summer ball isn't it..
The tigers can't say the same..
I believe JC went like 15-2 ...
Btw,
They won the Pike Central Team camp tourny.
"Slasher45" Wrote:Btw,
They won the Pike Central Team camp tourny.

:!: lol
I don't think JC will do as good this season. I wish them all the luck in the world, but last season they had a boat load of talent and nothing came out of it except a District title and two losses against their cross-town rival. I've heard that JC has a VERY impressive press that they're working on this season from what i've read on another site...if this is true watch out.
I think they will struggle this year, but be a top 5 team in the region. They will not be district or region champs though. People talk about the ring Starns has, did he win it no. They talk about him being on the bench for the celtics, hard work gets rewarded and I guess they appreciated his dedication to the video booth and putting up the equipment after practice. So, who cares if his dad coached Lexington Catholic, that is like saying a son will follow in the footsteps of a great coach. Almost like saying Matt will be as almost as Coach Runyon. You can't compare your father's success to your sons who hasn't even been the head coach in the boys ranks. Also all this jazz about the feirce "Gold Rush" or whatever you want to call it, is just hype. Have they stopped anyone in regular season play, no, so just leave it at that. Until he proves himself in the regular season, I'm not a believer. 15-2 in summerball is a good record but how many games were won by a small margin on points. Summerball has a totally different set of rules than regular season. They won't get a point on a foul everytime during the season, which may have not been the case but it has helped them on way or another. This past year they were loaded with talent and size, if they were going to win region then that was their year. They will be reloading. If McCarty is going to be the hero then you all can think that, he wasn't all that great to begin with. So what if he can jump, but if someone takes 30 shots a game surely they will hit at least 10 to give them a 20 pt. per game average. They need to get physical and not let kids push them around. Say that they have improved on this part, but summer is only a month long, hard to tell if they have improved bunches if they don't go to camp to play other teams out of the Region. I promise you if they would've went to Georgetown or Campbellsville their record would not be as pretty.
I believe McCarty averaged 14 shots a game last year....get it right...not 30..
Obviously u havn't watched them this summer....I can tell. Oh...and btw...they didn't lose bye a "small margin" as you call it......If u think winnign by 15+ is a small margin then I'd hate to see whats a large margin...
I can see what your saying now and go ahead...believe JC won't win...That loads of talent last year....common...give me a break..half of the kids didnt even wanna play....the coach didn't get the best out of those kids.....all I am saying is you better believe the hype...just a tip..
And McCarty not being all that great? He'll be a junior who is 17 next year.....If I can recall...their wasn't one play for the kid during the game for him to get open looks...no screens...no nothin'....his 600+ points in the season come from long range and getting hisself open for shots....no one was setting him anything.

Slone did get 51, but I bet if JC went in two overtimes McCarty would have done the same. 31 for McCarty was impressive cause he hardly missed a shot all game.....I watched from the stands and I was really impressed...Don't worry about the physical aspect...if u have ever went to a practice this summer...u wouldn't say that.....

Coach Starns is a great coach. McCarty is a great player. Gold rush will do damage next year....you wait and see.... :twisted:
"Coach_Eagle" Wrote:I believe McCarty averaged 14 shots a game last year....get it right...not 30..
Obviously u havn't watched them this summer....I can tell. Oh...and btw...they didn't lose bye a "small margin" as you call it......If u think winnign by 15+ is a small margin then I'd hate to see whats a large margin...
I can see what your saying now and go ahead...believe JC won't win...That loads of talent last year....common...give me a break..half of the kids didnt even wanna play....the coach didn't get the best out of those kids.....all I am saying is you better believe the hype...just a tip..
And McCarty not being all that great? He'll be a junior who is 17 next year.....If I can recall...their wasn't one play for the kid during the game for him to get open looks...no screens...no nothin'....his 600+ points in the season come from long range and getting hisself open for shots....no one was setting him anything.

Slone did get 51, but I bet if JC went in two overtimes McCarty would have done the same. 31 for McCarty was impressive cause he hardly missed a shot all game.....I watched from the stands and I was really impressed...

Coach Starns is a great coach. McCarty is a great player. Gold rush will do damage next year....you wait and see.... :twisted:

Don't toot your whistle too soon now Coach. First of all it's "come on" not common, what is "common" on here is a bunch of JC people thinking that they have it wrapped up, and everyone is so scared of their press. A simple 2-2-1, kids learn to break that in buddy ball. Maybe the reason they didn't set up any plays for McCarty is for the simple fact that every time he got the ball it was his play, because he shot it. Ok maybe I should've said that McCarty averaged 23.7658493 shots per game Smile If you think you won all your games by 15+ this past summer, then you are badly mistaken. On another site a lot of the games were won by a small margin. I'm not a believer until I see it first hand, and I'm not going to waste my time during the summer to watch a team, or should I say one player with the miracle 75 footer at the buzzer to beat a team near the bottom of the barrell in the 15th. The real season begins in the fall, not just a unified pick-up game against another school. Also about Slone, 2 overtimes or not, he scored 51 against the regions best defender and POY as a 15 year old. Now is McCarty going to turn 18 before this ball season? I believe several people have stated that he is going to so he will be 18 playing as a JR. instead of a SR. since he was held back in middle school. Great coach, you can not term a man "Great" until he has proven himself from the sideline, so for now let us all call him Coach Starns.
A little harsh on McCarty there TBIRD....but I agree with the statement that a coach must prove himself in "real" game situations before he is great. Great coaches are those that can overcome adversity to pull out a "W" and always finds a way to get the job done. Some of those coaches are Wooden, Jackson, Riley, and Pitino. I wish the Eagles luck next season, but as I stated earlier I don't think they will be able to repeat as District Champions...
Coach Starns will do okay...but he's still got the pressure of pleasing the JC "Big Dogs"...after all if they turned on one of their own (Coach Trimble) then Starns has little chance of being succesful at JCHS...