Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central-73 vs Powell-65 - 14th Region
Final.
Congrats Letcher..
Any stats from this game? Congrats LCC, good try PC, tough draw. Good luck next year.
YouNeverKnow Wrote:Any stats from this game? Congrats LCC, good try PC, tough draw. Good luck next year.

C Banks had 27 for LC I think and Brewer had 16 for Powell.
way to go cougars!!!!! beat those commodoors on monday!!!
congrats lcc ...........one heck of a team good luck next game
Wow.....if LCC can only beat Powell by a few points then they have no chance to win region. I thought LCc might be a contender until I saw this score. Powell is terrible, so i predict PErry will beat LCc and it will be a 54th district final.
Quarterback7 Wrote:Wow.....if LCC can only beat Powell by a few points then they have no chance to win region. I thought LCc might be a contender until I saw this score. Powell is terrible, so i predict PErry will beat LCc and it will be a 54th district final.

powell is an awesome team!!!!idk what everybody has against them , but i sure would like to know. we must have beat your team or something because you have alot of anger in your heart , if it's about the ref's , once again don't take it out on the team , go to the ref's:ChairHit:
Congrats LCC
This game had the makings of a blowout in the first quarter. I believe LCC jumped out to a 22-4 lead. But that is why you play 4 quarters. A win is a win, nice season Powell and go take the 14th Cougars!
Quarterback7 Wrote:Wow.....if LCC can only beat Powell by a few points then they have no chance to win region. I thought LCc might be a contender until I saw this score. Powell is terrible, so i predict PErry will beat LCc and it will be a 54th district final.
Seeing the score and watching the game are two different things.
Very intelligent response quarterback7--Opinions are like butt-holes, everybody has one. But please don't go on here and make comments about a game that you have no clue about. For those of us that attended, we saw a game of runs. LCC jumped out to an early lead and then Powell( as they usually do) stormed back in the 3rd qtr with a run of their own. It's tournament time. There's gonna be very few blowouts from this point on. Considering that LCC has only ONE senior on their entire roster, I thought the young kids did a good job of finishing the game pretty well. Whether you like Powell or not, you have to give their kids credit-THEY DON"T QUIT. LCC wasn't considered anywhere close to the top of the preseason rankings , but now they have won 20 games and are in the semi-finals of the region. Not bad for a bunch of kids that put on their "blue-collars" and go to work every night. My hat goes off to Coach Justice and these young men for a GREAT job this year. Congrats to Letcher Central and I wish this bunch the best the rest of the way. GO COUGARS !!!!!!
Congrats Cougars!
What a game. Thought it was going to be a blowout in the first quarter. But Powell never gave up hope and fought back like always. LCC has a great team and some well rounded athletes. I definitely see them going to the championship. The PG for LCC played excellent. Hit some very key shots down the stretch and took very good care of the ball. Banks for LCC also had a great game. As for Powell, don't get your heads down guys. You proved you were a better team when your backs were against the wall. Even though you lost there is nothing to be ashamed of. It's basketball. Good luck to Banks, Mays, Kinser, and Brewer in your future plans in life. We all hope you are successful and do the best for yourselves. Good luck to LCC for the rest of the tournament.
Powell came out dead and LCC came out hot. At the start of the game i thought it would be a blowout when Powell went down 22-4 but like always the heart and dedication that that pirate team has they seemed to fight back in the second half. LCC has a very good team and i see them meeting up with Hazard in the finals. Crowe and Hawkins both came off the bench for powell to play outstanding and have key plays down the stretch. I see both LCC and Powell having a bright futire come next season. Congrats LCC on the win and Keep your heads up powell and come back strong next year.
Congrats to seniors Jeremy Banks, Daniel Kinser, Corey Brewer, and Justin Mays for the career they have had a powell county high.
LCC hit Powell with a 1-2 punch. Charlie Banks started the Cougar run in the 1st qtr. and Devin Blair brought them to the promised land with big shots going down the stretch. Great TEAM effort Cougars. Keep it up.
LCC is proving to be quite a tough team.

We'll have to see of they can contend in the next game against PCC(I think).
warriors_45 Wrote:LCC is proving to be quite a tough team.

We'll have to see of they can contend in the next game against PCC(I think).

it will be a good game
This game played out much like their meeting a couple of weeks ago. LCC jumped out to a big lead and held off a late rally from Powell to win. Great effort by Powell. Nothing to hang their heads about, they just ran into a team that is absolutely on fire.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:This game played out much like their meeting a couple of weeks ago. LCC jumped out to a big lead and held off a late rally from Powell to win. Great effort by Powell. Nothing to hang their heads about, they just ran into a team that is absolutely on fire.

I agree. It was a great game and I wish LCC good luck in their upcoming game ... they are awesome.
This game was never in doubt. However, Powell put up one heck of a fight. That is a reflection on their coaching staff and their fine young men. I believe LCC has the only team talented enough to compete with Hazard for the crown.

All that said, the second semi game on Monday night should be entertaining. I just hope the temperature in the gym is a little cooler. When it gets packed, it will be miserable.