Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio school suspends boy over Mohawk.
PARMA, Ohio - A kindergarten student with a freshly spiked Mohawk has been suspended from school. Michelle Barile, the mother of 6-year-old Bryan Ruda, said nothing in the Parma Community School handbook prohibits the haircut, characterized by closely shaved sides with a strip of prominent hair on top. The school said the hair was a distraction for other students.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080227/ap_o...suspension
people can be too sensitive sometimes. whats next, banning the mullet?
Yea this ****ed me off. Last football season a bunch of us has mohawks on the football team just like his. I was the 1st one to get mine, I had mine for the whole year lol

It's just crazy how some people are so uptight. These people are outrageous to do this to a 6 year old kid. There is nothing wrong with that I don't think at least.
This is outrageous!! Why suspend a 6-year old kid for the way his hair is!!
Couldn't he get them in trouble for discrimination or something? That is so stupid. Heck, I could go to school and tell the prinicpal I don't like his beard cause its a distraction. Will they send him home? No.

People are so weird.
I think this goes along with not allowing hats in school. I once asked a principal why he didn't allow hats and he said it was a distraction. Then I mentioned a rival school allowed hats at school and their test scores were better than his. He just looked at me puzzled.
UNREAL! Who is to say his dad isn't the ICEMAN Chuck Lidell, lol..
The rule book for this school said the kids looks only matters if it causes a distraction to other kids. I guess the only way they could sue is to prove it didnt distraction other kids, which would be hard.