Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bob Knight hired as analyst by ESPN for NCAA tournament.
Bob Knight will work as a guest studio analyst for ESPN during the NCAA tournament.

The Hall of Fame coach, who resigned from Texas Tech on Feb. 4, will begin his new job on March 12 during the conference tournaments, the network announced Thursday.

Knight’s busy schedule will include providing commentary on Selection Sunday and traveling to San Antonio to offer analysis during the Final Four.

“I think ESPN has been real good for college basketball and I look forward to working with some of their people who I have known a long time,” Knight said in a statement.

The winningest coach in Division I men’s college basketball with 902 victories, Knight captured three national championships at Indiana. He’s just as well known for his fiery temper—especially with the media—which got him in trouble on and off the court.

“Coach Knight is a legend with a depth of knowledge on tournament basketball,” Norby Williamson, ESPN’s executive vice president for production, said. “Fans have always found him to be a compelling listen and we are delighted to add his insights to our tournament coverage.”
I'll definately watch now. Gives someone else a chance to speak other than Andy Katz and Dicky V. I think he will do well, he is a very intelligent man and has a nice sense of humor. If anyone is bored, log on youtube some time and listen to him explain his "favorite word."
I want to see him throw a chair at Digger Phelps.
this is awesome..as a uk fan i just want to one time punch billy packer in the face and then i can die a happy man....i can't wait til he starts and i would rather him do this than coach so i could hear him everyday curse someone out
Believe it or not, Knight has been pretty fair to the media over his time... everyone sees his outburst on the media, but few realize how accessible he has been at most times....
I wonder if he will just walk out during a game like he did his team?