Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Powell Still Favorite In The 56th?
With Barnett out, and Rogers possibly unable to play (?), is Powell County still the favorite to win the 56th district tournament?
Yes i think so...barnett and rogers are both very good players but they have proven they can beat district teams without them
Well, they may be the better team, but they sure aren't anyone's favorite's favor to win the district except those three men in stripes, and those rude, inconsiderate fans and faculty at PCH
hohoho Wrote:Well, they may be the better team, but they sure aren't anyone's favorite's favor to win the district except those three men in stripes, and those rude, inconsiderate fans and faculty at PCH

Are you serious? :ChairHit:
hohoho Wrote:Well, they may be the better team, but they sure aren't anyone's favorite's favor to win the district except those three men in stripes, and those rude, inconsiderate fans and faculty at PCH

Ur insane man!!!

WTF??? I have to say that Powell County's faculty is far far far from rude!! Their principal told them if their is any kind of mean or rude comments toward the other team they will be banned from games...The fans can be rude but you have no right to sit and say that we are rude and inconsiderate...I think you need a reality check buddy!!! If anything I think that the only respectful people in our district is Powell and Owsley county fans!!:mad:
stride2 Wrote:WTF??? I have to say that Powell County's faculty is far far far from rude!! Their principal told them if their is any kind of mean or rude comments toward the other team they will be banned from games...The fans can be rude but you have no right to sit and say that we are rude and inconsiderate...I think you need a reality check buddy!!! If anything I think that the only respectful people in our district is Powell and Owsley county fans!!:mad:

In defending your own point of view, you took a swipe at folks not engaged in debate. As long as basketball has been played for public audiences, fans have yelled at refs, gotten aggravated with the other team's fans and coaches and players. A few fans in any crowd can sometimes go over the line, sometimes way over the line. But, to make big, sweeping general statements painting the whole of a team's fans seems a little overdone.
thecavemaster Wrote:In defending your own point of view, you took a swipe at folks not engaged in debate. As long as basketball has been played for public audiences, fans have yelled at refs, gotten aggravated with the other team's fans and coaches and players. A few fans in any crowd can sometimes go over the line, sometimes way over the line. But, to make big, sweeping general statements painting the whole of a team's fans seems a little overdone.

I agree...you'll always have fans that take things a little far but that is no reason to deface the image of an entire community...Rolleyes
thecavemaster Wrote:In defending your own point of view, you took a swipe at folks not engaged in debate. As long as basketball has been played for public audiences, fans have yelled at refs, gotten aggravated with the other team's fans and coaches and players. A few fans in any crowd can sometimes go over the line, sometimes way over the line. But, to make big, sweeping general statements painting the whole of a team's fans seems a little overdone.

Any teams fans will say at least something to the refs...espicially in lee and estill
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Any teams fans will say at least something to the refs...espicially in lee and estill

No, not especially in Lee and Estill, which, again, selects a couple from the whole and points a finger. You're free to say it, as a man is free to call a sterile donkey a horse, it just doesn't make it so.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Any teams fans will say at least something to the refs...espicially in lee and estill

I really don't understand why everyone in the 56th district has the idea that trash talk on this site will decide the outcome of the game. No matter how bad everyone talks on here it is still decided on the court.:mad:
Softball_Chick Wrote:I really don't understand why everyone in the 56th district has the idea that trash talk on this site will decide the outcome of the game. No matter how bad everyone talks on here it is still decided on the court.:mad:
I agree 100% people need to calm down and just play it don't matter about how your fans act! People say powell's fans are loud and always up and screeming that shows there support for there team! I personal think powell has the best student section out of the 56th!
Canttopthis Wrote:I agree 100% people need to calm down and just play it don't matter about how your fans act! People say powell's fans are loud and always up and screeming that shows there support for there team! I personal think powell has the best student section out of the 56th!

I agree, and I always enjoy watching the Owsley/ Powell games, especially tournament games, because both schools have tremendous fan support from students and community. And, they always have fun competing to see which crowd has the most spirit.
Softball_Chick Wrote:I really don't understand why everyone in the 56th district has the idea that trash talk on this site will decide the outcome of the game. No matter how bad everyone talks on here it is still decided on the court.:mad:
Suggesting one set of fans has more or less class than another is not trash talking in the direction of the outcome of games. Read the posts: a broad brush was being used to generalize from the few to the many.
Back to the topic, I think Powell will still win district. They aren't as strong without Shelby, but they will find a way to win. Good luck to the Lady Pirates.
I think that Powell still has a strong team, but I wouldnt doubt any others either. Owsley started out in January a little rough with the change in coaching staff, but now that they have broke the new one in, they have shown that they are still the major upset team that they have always been, just in time for the tournament next week. Im not gonna knock down Estill or Lee neither, I have just veiwed more Owsley games, but the ones I have seen, they are really good as well... Im just not gonna give it to Powell just yet.