Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
54th District Draw and Parings
The draw took place today and Leslie County will face PCC while Hazard will play Buckhorn. This is the second year in a row that Hazard and PCC have drawn opposite brackets after four long years of elimination in the first game. This is one of the reasons I feel the KHSAA should step in and make all things consistent state wide by establishing seeding as the way to go.

I believe the Buldogs will defeat Buckhorn and then face PCC for the district title and move on to the region. We simply have to maintain our focus and play each game as it has the potential for being our last (which it could possibly be after district finals!)

Remember...it's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog!

Go Bulldogs!:letsparty
Will Blank be back for Buckhorn in the district tournament?
I read a post on one of the boards that said if all goes well he is expectd to rejoin the team just in time for district play. I am sure this will be a boost for Buckhorn, but you can't expect Andy to be back to his pre-injury level of play on such short notice.
Should be another PCC vs. Hazard finals...
IMO every district in the state should have to seed. It "Usually", but not always, ensures the two best teams from the district goes to the regional tournament. It also makes the regional tournament tougher IMO because you won't have two of the top teams playing each other 1st game of the district.

Should be Hazard & PCC in the finals IMO
I agree with everyone, SHOULD be Hazard and PCC in the Finals but I wouldnt count Buckhorn out yet with Blank rejoining the team from injury they might pull an early upset on the dawgs!!!