Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK's Next Final Four
When do you all think UK will make it back to the Final Four?

I'm gonna go ahead and say it will be the 2009-2010 season, and here's why (assuming all mentioned players stay 4 years):
Jodie Meeks - SR.
Derek Jasper - SR.
Perry Stevenson - SR.
Ramon Harris - SR.
Patrick Patterson - JR.
A.J. Stewart - JR.
DeAndre Liggins - SO.
Darius Miller - SO.
G.J. Villarino - FR.
Give the current players the next 2 years or so under Gillispie and take into consideration how he's developed players, this team will be TOUGH. A few more signees/transfers here and there, and this team could be one of the nation's best.
I agree with you strikeout king, this is especially so if we can land one of the four recruits in the top 11 in next years class. Next year we have Daniel Orton (Top Center In Class, Ranked 11th), Jon Wall (Guard Ranked 9th), Demarcus Cousins (A Forward Ranked 5th), Derrick Favors (Ranked 3rd, My Favorite player in the class). If we can add one of these top 11 players, especially Daniel Orton at Center it would go a long way to advance to the Final Four. Also in the 2010 class we have K.C. Ross Miller coming in. I looked up his stats for this season and he has a Double-Double in every game, one also being a Triple-Double.
Wont that Euton kid be playing for us then?
Im pretty sure that will be Euton's Senior year in High School
Amun-Ra Wrote:Wont that Euton kid be playing for us then?
Euton and Ross-Miller will be Seniors in HS that season. I think their Freshman year, we will have a very good team as well, but IMO, the team right before they get to college (2009-2010) will be better because of the Senor class with Jasper and Meeks.
That will all depend on PP staying that long. If he is gone, no chance of reaching the Final Four (as I'm sure everyone already knows anyway).
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Fun to say that, but we'll have to pick up a bit more to hang with UNC's next couple of recruiting classes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Just have to wait and see if they stay that long, especially Patterson. If all goes well we could possibly see this team in the Final Four even a National Champion.
i dont see PP staying past his sophmore year
His parents have been stated as saying he plans on staying at least 3 years, though if up to him they want him to stay all 4.
2 years
StrikeoutKing Wrote:When do you all think UK will make it back to the Final Four?

I'm gonna go ahead and say it will be the 2009-2010 season, and here's why (assuming all mentioned players stay 4 years):
Jodie Meeks - SR.
Derek Jasper - SR.
Perry Stevenson - SR.
Ramon Harris - SR.
Patrick Patterson - JR.
A.J. Stewart - JR.
DeAndre Liggins - SO.
Darius Miller - SO.
G.J. Villarino - FR.
Give the current players the next 2 years or so under Gillispie and take into consideration how he's developed players, this team will be TOUGH. A few more signees/transfers here and there, and this team could be one of the nation's best.

Why the heck is Ramon Harris one of the reasons?
RavenBoy Wrote:2 years

3 Years
M12 Wrote:Why the heck is Ramon Harris one of the reasons?
Have you not seen him improve throughout the season? Does he score 10 points a game? No. Does he pull down 5-10 rebounds a game? No. He's not supposed to. He's out there because of his toughness. Of course he makes mistakes, but then again, name me a Wildcat who hasn't this year. A year under Gillispie's system, and I believe Harris will be a very good player for Kentucky. He obviously works his a$$ off in practice or he wouldn't play. He doesn't need to score points to be effective on the court. Harris, IMO, will be that consistent, solid player we need in the future, especially the remaining of this season.