Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Piarist forfeits to South Floyd in All A
SF gets the 2-0 win and will play the winner of AC/Paintsville in Friday nights semi's.
Why did they forfeit?
EOE Wrote:Why did they forfeit?

This may not answer your question but Piarist only has about 5 or 6 players. That may have had something to do with it.
blackcat_student Wrote:This may not answer your question but Piarist only has about 5 or 6 players. That may have had something to do with it.

10-4 I read about it on another thread.
I was told that one had the flu, while 3 have been deemed ineligible due to academics; based on what i've been told, these kids were eligible according to bylaws of the KHSAA, but were declared ineligible by the "principal" of Piarist based on the school's more stringent requirements.
57thScarlett Wrote:I was told that one had the flu, while 3 have been deemed ineligible due to academics; based on what i've been told, these kids were eligible according to bylaws of the KHSAA, but were declared ineligible by the "principal" of Piarist based on the school's more stringent requirements.
I would imagine there would be more HS players deemed ineligible if more principals took academics more seriously than the KHSAA. That's not necesarily a bad thing.

I know some other coaches and schools that have stuck to their guns regarding academic requirements that were more stringent than the KHSAA...they just didn't make the news because one player missing from a football team on a given week can be hidden or overlooked.
I don't see how Piarist fields a team with only 5 or 6 players.
They have 6 players and 4 were academically ineligible.
Wouldn't have mattered anyway.
when this team played pike central they only had 5 players at the game and one didnt show up until 3 minutes before the game started
south floyd would have won anyways
What time is the Paintsville and South Floyd game?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:What time is the Paintsville and South Floyd game?

8:15
Piarist only had to forfeit the game with South Floyd--they had one kid very ill and "3" academically ineligible. They did not forfeit the rest of the season and will play the next game at MCA against Jackson City. This is straight from the coach. Best of luck to the knights for the rest of the season.