Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley Having Trouble in Football
I heard coach talking the other day that he only has one asst. coach and that he also lost an assistants pay (supplement) he said. Is this going to hurt them. We finally have a football program we can be proud of now we have no coaches to help him and Coach Hampton.:confused:
I would imagine that having only two coaches wouldn't exactly help you out a lot. They will struggle IMO unless they get some more help.
He cannot find any help because of the way he carries himself.
Who were the assistants that he had this past year besides Coach Hampton?
I thought the coach brougth people from Va with him. Where are they now?

Why did they loose a position?

I heard that his only assistant may not be there next year? Possibly leaving for another school
Any truth to that?Cool
Faith Wrote:He cannot find any help because of the way he carries himself.

WOAH!! Dem's fightin words! :Angry07: :argue: :yesno:
last time i checked, Valley struggles in football as it is.

So this is the last thing they need
Should anyone be surprised if this is true? SV doesnt care whether they do good at football or not. I truly feel sorry for the kids who play up there.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Should anyone be surprised if this is true? SV doesnt care whether they do good at football or not. I truly feel sorry for the kids who play up there.

They should do very well in AA with the talent Ive seen in that area the trick is to keep that talent at Valley.....
Whether you like Saunders or not that comes under the heading"to each there own"...He's a heckuva football coach......
The coach has done a better job at SV than most people expected
I know when they played us a couple of years ago at SC I thought he wouldn't last long becasue of how he acts during the game and I hear he is like that all the time
BUT if he is loosing coaches like this then it will be hard to continue to do good
Why did he loose a position? Where is his staff from last season? There were more than two of them so where did they go?
Is his one assistant leaving? Rumor is that it might happen

It seems to me that SV could be really good in football if they get all the athletes in the school to play and now I guess if the Head Coach can get some help
It is getting harder and harder to find good help anywhere.
footballnut Wrote:They should do very well in AA with the talent Ive seen in that area the trick is to keep that talent at Valley.....
I know where youre going with this and its a weak and tired argument. Ill say this. If SV would treat football as something other than something to pass the time until B-ball starts. And if they would treat their players as something more as "the kids who arent good enough to play B-ball" (This was a direct quote from more than one fan from that area). Then and ONLY Then will they start to see more kids who are from that area who lean more towards playing football staying up there to play.
It is quite apparent what is important at SV, and it is football.
hammertime Wrote:It is quite apparent what is important at SV, and it is football.
What ?????
Although they have and extreme support for basketball, I have a hard time believing the football program can also not garner support with the proper staff
SV has been tops in basketball for a long time but I agree that there is no reason why they can't be good in football also
No one will reply to my questions however
Why did the football porgram loose a coaching position? I don't understand
Why can't they get more help up there?
Is it true that some other schools are interested in the assistant coach? I have been hearing this for a few weeks but can't verify it

I will state again that when they played us a few years ago that I was amazed by how the coaches from there act on the sidelines
the head coach and his one assistant but they seem to be changing things and winning more so why don't anyone want to help
The reason they have no support up there, is that no one believes in them. The only two coaches left are, Saunders, of course, and Anthony Hampton. Thats basically the only people that believes, besides the team, and a few fans, but you all know what I mean.
I heard a rumor the other day that Saunders was leaving and taking a Head Coaching job in Va. I hope this is not true.
I'd say it is hard being an assistant there. I know when we played over there this year, I could heawr the coach shouting all the way across the field. I bet he don't trear his assistants much better.
The line will have trouble without Daniel Gillespie anchoring them from the left guard spot, he was a huge asset for valley the last 3 years
According to the rumors I have heard, Hampton has already been offered and accepted the head coaching job at Pikeville. But apparently someone in his family thinks that once he comes down to sign they are going to make him an assistant. Doesn't make much sense if you ask me. Did he even apply? Did he even get an interview if he did apply?
that would be huge if anthony hampton was named hc at pikeville
I heard two years ago Pikeville was setting up for Hampton to become Head Coach there, and now it might be all coming together.
I heard a couple of weeks ago that HAmpton turned down the job.
IMO...shelby vally is no where near a football school...they live and die for football and will never have a outstandind football program
hammertime Wrote:According to the rumors I have heard, Hampton has already been offered and accepted the head coaching job at Pikeville.
FALSE POST.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I heard two years ago Pikeville was setting up for Hampton to become Head Coach there, and now it might be all coming together.
You heard wrong. He didnt even get interviewed.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:FALSE POST.

When I read hammers original post I was scared to death that Pikeville was trying to screw themselves by hiring that guy. Man Pikeville ould have gone downhill with someone like that. I feel that a huge burden has been lifted off of me now that I know that he won't be at Pikeville.
This is Coach Hampton!!!!

Captain DH --you need to watch before you begin trying to put me down
If you have a problem with me then come to me face to face and we can discuss it any way you want to

Now as far as Pikeville football
The coaching position at Pikeville is a great opportunity for anyone who loves football and true football schools/programs. I never officially applied for the position which would make it virtually impossible for me to get an interview. I have tons of friends at Pikeville and the utmost respect for the program but my heart is at SV---------period!!!

I don't know who has applied/been interviewed/or getting hired but I hope they do hire someone with a love for the game and community so the tradition will continue
If you are looking for a legendary coach, he has already been there and now coaches at LCC(the field is named after him) However, I think he and his family has moved on and I wish them the best

I swore I would never post on these things but I won't sit and allow anyone to attack me.

Also, someone needs to get this thread back on topic SV FOOTBALLis not in trouble---the kids are working hard from the 3rd grade thru 12th. Yes I know we are a basketball school but there is nothing wrong with it being a football school also
^^^Good place to end this one.

Closed