Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Mountain Teams
A Decent Lineman Wrote:I wouldve been on there too had i played the whole season...lmao. I had 48 tackles in the 8 games I played...35 for loss, 2 forced fumbles, and 2 fumble recoveries--with a torn acl i didnt kno about. I wouldve had more but errytime id get to the ball carrier mikael would outrun me and make the tackle..its aggervating....hahahaha. O well...me, mikael, and TJ will do it again nxt year. ANYHOO,, congrats to all the players who made it---especially jon howard, bart teague, mikael campbell, joey meehan, greg adams, josh kidd, and tyler olinger-1a player of the year. We'll try again nxt year.

ya hopefully everyone is healthy and a state title comes next year and everyone on the d and offenses makes it
TRUEBALLAHOLLA Wrote:He has nowhere near 160 tackles this year. **** against JC, Pikeville, SC, P-Burg, and Raceland he was non existant. I guess he got his tackles against the Allen Central, South Floyd, and Betsy Layne teams.
You are full of it!
Yes his team lost badly against those teams, but to say he was non-existant is is horse hockey! He had double digit tackles in every one of those games.
I can get the stats to prove it...and not just what someone says that the stats were but can get actual game film stats by an independant source to verify.
You wanna back up what you state???
PM me and we can make it interesting.
$$$
The Guru Wrote:You are full of it!
Yes his team lost badly against those teams, but to say he was non-existant is is horse hockey! He had double digit tackles in every one of those games.
I can get the stats to prove it...and not just what someone says that the stats were but can get actual game film stats by an independant source to verify.
You wanna back up what you state???
PM me and we can make it interesting.
$$$
Well for one Paintsville doesn't keep the defensive statistics over the past 10 years. But I guess you are his personal defense. You can say whatever you want but I was at just about everyone of the games this year and I never saw him excell against a team that beat them. So if you want to classify being a good LB against nobody teams (which you must be) then half of the kids in the mountains are all world.
Remember what you've read about skunks and whizzin' matches... Like I said earlier, this one is NOT worth it.
TRUEBALLAHOLLA Wrote:Well for one Paintsville doesn't keep the defensive statistics over the past 10 years. But I guess you are his personal defense. You can say whatever you want but I was at just about everyone of the games this year and I never saw him excell against a team that beat them. So if you want to classify being a good LB against nobody teams (which you must be) then half of the kids in the mountains are all world.
I watched the game against Pburg with Tim Pelphrey(sports writer) and he was tracking JD's tackles in that game and told me that JD had 15 tackles in that game and there was about 4 minutes left when he told me.
We can easily get the game tapes of every one of the games and sit down together and count them....Yuo wanna?
I'll fix wings and chili, and we will make a night of it.
Yes Redneck....you can come too!!! LOL!
TRUEBALLAHOLLA Wrote:He has nowhere near 160 tackles this year. **** against JC, Pikeville, SC, P-Burg, and Raceland he was non existant. I guess he got his tackles against the Allen Central, South Floyd, and Betsy Layne teams.

You must Not like JD very much to say that! IDK how you could say that when there is stats and video proof! If you did come to the games you must have spent most the time in the Restroom, or at the concessions.
Guys if I where you I'd let it go. JD is an excellent player and done a lot for his team this season, whether he had so many tackles in this game or that game doesn't really matter. All that matters is that he is the type of played that goes out there and gives it 110% each time he steps onto that ball field.

If you all want to keep arguing over ludicrous things then keep doing it, all your going to do is push me closer and closer to closing this thread.
blackcat_student Wrote:Guys if I where you I'd let it go. JD is an excellent player and done a lot for his team this season, whether he had so many tackles in this game or that game doesn't really matter. All that matters is that he is the type of played that goes out there and gives it 110% each time he steps onto that ball field.

If you all want to keep arguing over ludicrous things then keep doing it, all your going to do is push me closer and closer to closing this thread.

1. You are not me.
2.This is a thread about the *cough*, *cough*...all mountain team, and we are talking about someone we either feel should have or shouldn't have made it. Where would you suggest we do that ???
3. "Ludicrous"??? ... Go ahead and close it, if you feel we have stained this holy thread.
We have been evolving a healthy debate and you feel it should end.... well....you have the right to feel that way and the power to stop it so go ahead and maybe just some of us will go ahead and feel that you sometimes abuse your "powers".
The Guru Wrote:1. You are not me.
2.This is a thread about the *cough*, *cough*...all mountain team, and we are talking about someone we either feel should have or shouldn't have made it. Where would you suggest we do that ???
3. "Ludicrous"??? ... Go ahead and close it, if you feel we have stained this holy thread.
We have been evolving a healthy debate and you feel it should end.... well....you have the right to feel that way and the power to stop it so go ahead and maybe just some of us will go ahead and feel that you sometimes abuse your "powers".

nice.......i would say he had every bit of 160 if not more who else made the tackles
gotcha2 Wrote:http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsportsovertime/h...21567.html

Hey-thanks for fixing the link. When I tried to correct it I was timed out and couldn't change it.
The Guru Wrote:1. You are not me.

You completely misunderstood what I meant. I'm just making sure that someone doesn't end up bashing JD, and thats what I feel like was about to happen.

And for the record I've been agreeing with your posts and have had a lot of respect for you.Wink
The Guru Wrote:I watched the game against Pburg with Tim Pelphrey(sports writer) and he was tracking JD's tackles in that game and told me that JD had 15 tackles in that game and there was about 4 minutes left when he told me.
We can easily get the game tapes of every one of the games and sit down together and count them....Yuo wanna?
I'll fix wings and chili, and we will make a night of it.
Yes Redneck....you can come too!!! LOL!

Throw in some Bud Light too and I'll be there Big Grin .
Redneck Wrote:Throw in some Bud Light too and I'll be there Big Grin .
I was counting on you for the Bud Light!!!
blackcat_student Wrote:You completely misunderstood what I meant. I'm just making sure that someone doesn't end up bashing JD, and thats what I feel like was about to happen.

And for the record I've been agreeing with your posts and have had a lot of respect for you.Wink

I think I might have over-reacted as I had been staring at these boards for a while!!! LOL
I appologize for that!
I love JD to death and wouldn't put up with anyone "bashing" him!
Although I am a realist and might let JD have it on here if he deserves it!!! LOL
The Guru Wrote:I think I might have over-reacted as I had been staring at these boards for a while!!! LOL
I appologize for that!
I love JD to death and wouldn't put up with anyone "bashing" him!
Although I am a realist and might let JD have it on here if he deserves it!!! LOL

I know exactly what you mean.Smile
BlueStripes Wrote:You must Not like JD very much to say that! IDK how you could say that when there is stats and video proof! If you did come to the games you must have spent most the time in the Restroom, or at the concessions.

I have nothing against him at all. Truthfully don't even know him personally. I am just saying he isn't the LB everyone tries to portray him as. I just didn't see these tackles except against the weak teams. There I'm done.
The Guru Wrote:I was counting on you for the Bud Light!!!

You had to twist my arm didn't ya. I guess I'll bring it.
TRUEBALLAHOLLA Wrote:I have nothing against him at all. Truthfully don't even know him personally. I am just saying he isn't the LB everyone tries to portray him as. I just didn't see these tackles except against the weak teams. There I'm done.
You know quite a bit (on the surface) about Paintsville in several sports, so that suggests that you either are a student or a parent or close enough to the school to see and know who most of the student/athletes are.
but just like many threads, we disagree a lot more than agree.
And in every thread you seem to have a beef with me.
But also in nearly every thread, you get proven wrong or at least off track to some point.
So I guess from now on, we can take your oppinions as just that....oppinions, without much merit or proof.
Have a nice day!
I think that it is hilarious that Tim Honaker from pikeville made this list. He ruined the entire season for the Panthers. His brother Ted ouplayed him all year and played through real injuries and not fake ones. Ted should have made this list over Tim. Also how is it that a third team all-state DB doesn'y make this list. I am referring to Daniel Harmon who was third team all-state as a corner and rushed for 2062 yards, 27 TD's, at 10.7 YPC doesn't make this list at all. Absolutely pitiful how biased this all mountain team is. No disrespect to the ones that made the team but one doesn't belong and two got robbed. Congrats to everyone else who made it though.
Capt. DH Wrote:I think that it is hilarious that Tim Honaker from pikeville made this list. He ruined the entire season for the Panthers. His brother Ted ouplayed him all year and played through real injuries and not fake ones. Ted should have made this list over Tim. Also how is it that a third team all-state DB doesn'y make this list. I am referring to Daniel Harmon who was third team all-state as a corner and rushed for 2062 yards, 27 TD's, at 10.7 YPC doesn't make this list at all. Absolutely pitiful how biased this all mountain team is. No disrespect to the ones that made the team but one doesn't belong and two got robbed. Congrats to everyone else who made it though.

I agree and I'm not even a Pikeville fan. Harmon should have definately been on the list, possibly boths side of the ball. I ain't even gonna get started on the Honaker.
Capt. DH Wrote:I think that it is hilarious that Tim Honaker from pikeville made this list. He ruined the entire season for the Panthers. His brother Ted ouplayed him all year and played through real injuries and not fake ones. Ted should have made this list over Tim. Also how is it that a third team all-state DB doesn'y make this list. I am referring to Daniel Harmon who was third team all-state as a corner and rushed for 2062 yards, 27 TD's, at 10.7 YPC doesn't make this list at all. Absolutely pitiful how biased this all mountain team is. No disrespect to the ones that made the team but one doesn't belong and two got robbed. Congrats to everyone else who made it though.

You might need to take another look... Harmon made the WYMT 1st team as the All-Around Athlete.
FullCount Wrote:You might need to take another look... Harmon made the WYMT 1st team as the All-Around Athlete.

You are right, I must have missed it the first time.

This is the exerpt from the article as provided by WYMT.com sports.

It is now time to present our First Team All Around Athlete of the Year and it goes to a man who just goes absolutely bananas when he steps onto the football field. That guy is Pikeville's Daniel Harmon. You could not go to a game this year without his name being called. Harmon showed great duality on the field this year as had over 2,000 yards rushing, 27 touchdowns, 4 interceptions. He also ran back a kick return for a touchdown.