Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Garrard County
66.67%
Mercer County
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garrard County at Mercer County 10/25
Garrard County vs Mercer County. Thoughts?
Low key game of the week!
Who is playing for Mercer this week?
(10-20-2024, 12:54 PM)ROTC Wrote: Who is playing for Mercer this week?
Braidin Baughman played against Casey County Friday night and had 3Tds. If they get Drakeford back I think Mercer County wins. If Drakeford can't play I'll give the edge to Garrard county.
Garrard comes in at 6-2 and 14 spots higher in the RPI than 4-4 Mercer County so Garrard should come in as the favorite. Another interesting side story is Peak was with Mercer all summer and left to go back to Garrard last minute. Garrard is run heavy with 84% run and 16% pass. Peak is having a great year at 8 yds per carry and Simmons at 6.8 yards per carry. Garrard's schedule is fairly weak with best win against Somerset and worst loss against a bad 1-7 Bullitt Central.
Mercer is also a run heavy team at 64% run and 36% pass. Baughman through 4 games averaging 11.9 yards per carry in 4 games. Mapp at QB has looked good the last two games throwing the ball. With Casey being so bad Baughman looked good but not still 100%. Drakeford will probably be gametime decision but doubt he will be anywhere close to 100%. If he doesn't play this week could see him shutting it down for the rest of the season. Mercer has played the majority of the season without their two best players so record is deceiving.
(Yesterday, 11:55 AM)UK1 Wrote: Garrard comes in at 6-2 and 14 spots higher in the RPI than 4-4 Mercer County so Garrard should come in as the favorite.  Another interesting side story is Peak was with Mercer all summer and left to go back to Garrard last minute.  Garrard is run heavy with 84% run and 16% pass.  Peak is having a great year at 8 yds per carry and Simmons at 6.8 yards per carry.  Garrard's schedule is fairly weak with best win against Somerset and worst loss against a bad 1-7 Bullitt Central.
Mercer is also a run heavy team at 64% run and 36% pass.  Baughman through 4 games  averaging 11.9 yards per carry in 4 games. Mapp at QB has looked good the last two games throwing the ball.  With Casey being so bad Baughman looked good but not still 100%.  Drakeford will probably be gametime decision but doubt he will be anywhere close to 100%.  If he doesn't play this week could see him shutting it down for the rest of the season. Mercer has played the majority of the season without their two best players so record is deceiving.
This is a great breakdown of both teams so far. Even if Mercer has all their star players, I don't know if they'll be back to what they were with lingering injuries and recoveries. 

In my opinion, this is one of the more interesting games Friday. I'm taking Garrard, but no outcome will shock me.