Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Co 55 Leslie 21
Impressive win for the Bobcats in Hyden tonight.
Leslie is down. Some huge losses , hard to recover from
True but lc still has a lot of weapons. Tough qb in collett and BC shut them out the entire second half.
(10-19-2024, 02:01 AM)Tailback44 Wrote: True but lc still has a lot of weapons. Tough qb in collett and BC shut them out the entire second half.
Got to have a deep threat for Collett.
(10-19-2024, 02:03 AM)Jet fighter Wrote:
(10-19-2024, 02:01 AM)Tailback44 Wrote: True but lc still has a lot of weapons. Tough qb in collett and BC shut them out the entire second half.

Does having a deep threat help with the 55 points that they gave up?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Walt Longmire's post:
  • Buford T Justice
Really proud of Bobcats tonight!!! They showed up and show out. Play calling was a lot better tonight. Congratulations on win Bobcats!!!
(10-19-2024, 02:32 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote:
(10-19-2024, 02:03 AM)Jet fighter Wrote:

Does having a deep threat help with the 55 points that they gave up?
No having a deep threat didn’t stop the 55 points!
That Kick return set this game in motion to what happen. Breathitt got the MO and never let go of it.
Wasn’t Leslie going to beat breathitt and Somerset and win the district and make a run in the playoffs?
Breathitt has played a much stronger schedule minus the Lewis Co, game. District play and playoffs are when that pays off. If kids will believe that records don’t matter and keep working and getting better….
(10-19-2024, 11:18 AM)ROTC Wrote: Breathitt has played a much stronger schedule minus the Lewis Co, game. District play and playoffs are when that pays off. If kids will believe that records don’t matter and keep working and getting better….
I would agree with you but with this RPI stuff records do matter look a pburg they have played a really weak schedule and are ranked 2nd in the East in RPI that all could change in the next couple of weeks if pburg looses to Breathitt that is gonna affect them in playoffs that’s last game for Breathitt and prestonsburg is huge
Neither Breathitt or Pburg will most likely make a deep playoff run. However, I think the renewed excitement in the program and a first year coach favors- Pburg.
The team that played Leslie Friday would beat Somerset.

Eli Thomas is a star. That kid is unreal!!
(10-19-2024, 09:39 PM)ROTC Wrote: Neither Breathitt or Pburg will most likely make a deep playoff run.  However, I think the renewed excitement in the program and a first year coach favors- Pburg.
If the Blackcats can make to the regional championship round/quarter finals, I’d call that a deep playoff run.

Prestonsburg doesn’t have to beat Breathitt County to maintain their RPI spot in the East, they could possibly lose that game and Somerset lose to Glasgow and still remain as the #2 team in the East in RPI rankings. 

Prestonsburg will likely roll into Jackson though with a lot to play for. 10-0 season, home field playoff advantage, beating the Bobcats in Jackson on senior night. Be a heckuva buildup to that game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • ROTC
Hats off to Prestonsburg, great turnaround this season but let’s be real they’re not coming to Jackson and leaving with a win. Bobcats BIG in that game. I think will be hot going into the post season on a 3 game win streak. we shall see.
(Yesterday, 03:48 PM)Tailback44 Wrote: Hats off to Prestonsburg, great turnaround this season but let’s be real they’re not coming to Jackson and leaving with a win. Bobcats BIG in that game. I think will be hot going into the post season on a 3 game win streak. we shall see.
They may not, but we’ll find out soon enough.
(Yesterday, 11:29 AM)Onward Leslie! Wrote: The team that played Leslie Friday would beat Somerset.

I'm trying to make sense of this comment but I'm struggling. I was thinking maybe he didn't play against Somerset but per KHSAA I see that he did and had 34 yds and 1 TD.  The game against Somerset wasn't even close. In fact, the only takeaway I get from the Breathitt and Leslie score is that Leslie must be much worse than I thought because I expected they would hang with Breathitt.
(Yesterday, 04:36 PM)TheRampageRooster Wrote:
(Yesterday, 11:29 AM)Onward Leslie! Wrote: The team that played Leslie Friday would beat Somerset.

I'm trying to make sense of this comment but I'm struggling. I was thinking maybe he didn't play against Somerset but per KHSAA I see that he did and had 34 yds and 1 TD.  The game against Somerset wasn't even close. In fact, the only takeaway I get from the Breathitt and Leslie score is that Leslie must be much worse than I thought because I expected they would hang with Breathitt.
He did play vs Somerset but you do realize kid is a freshman.He will have games like that when your young. Im not saying we beat Somerset but if Eli runs ball like that we’re a different team and that different game. Just like all freshmen they get better each game. The whole team improves each game. No where near reaching potential.
(Yesterday, 07:28 PM)Statebound19 Wrote:

He did play vs Somerset but you do realize kid is a freshman.He will have games like that when your young. Im not saying we beat Somerset but if Eli runs ball like that we’re a different team and that different game. Just like all freshmen they get better each game. The whole team improves each game. No where near reaching potential.
Nope - didn’t realize you were referencing a freshman, I was genuinely curious what was different about how Breathitt played against Leslie vs how they played against Somerset. I only went to see if he played because you referenced him. I can agree that a freshman isn’t near potential, and teams do progress as the season goes on. However, still a stretch that they would beat Somerset on their best day.
(Yesterday, 08:31 PM)TheRampageRooster Wrote:
(Yesterday, 07:28 PM)Statebound19 Wrote:

Nope - didn’t realize you were referencing a freshman, I was genuinely curious what was different about how Breathitt played against Leslie vs how they played against Somerset. I only went to see if he played because you referenced him. I can agree that a freshman isn’t near potential, and teams do progress as the season goes on. However, still a stretch that they would beat Somerset on their best day
That the thing there many young kids playing early and I pretty sure when Somerset had play a bunch young kids few years ago they won one game. Honestly Somerset is not that much better. If play calling better could easily been a lot closer game . Defense tackle like did in Lesile game it been much closer. Somerset is who they are and older team and not going drastic improvement each week. Bobcats are young each week you see big improvements .
[-] The following 1 user Likes Statebound19's post:
  • Tailback44