Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern 28 South Laurel 0
Final.
Big fight in the one. It looked like there might have been some ejections.
Did Hines finally snap because foley owns him ?? “Insert Donnie baker video here “
R.i.p. state law ….
(10-18-2024, 11:43 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: Did Hines finally snap because foley owns him ?? “Insert Donnie baker video here “
R.i.p. state law ….

At this point should be just get Property of Coach Foley tattooed on his arm?
That was a pretty nasty fight, from what I saw online. Any word on how many ejections?
Woah Wow!
No ejections
No ejections after this? WOW!

(10-19-2024, 11:34 PM)M00sejaw64 Wrote: No ejections

Someone sure didn't do their job then.  The South Laurel player that was dragging the Southwestern player definitely should have been tossed. There was also at least one punch thrown that you can see, and multiple players left the benches.
If 53 wasn’t ejected then do away with the rule!! Gees
[-] The following 1 user Likes bucslover68's post:
  • Bull got out!
(10-20-2024, 01:10 PM)jamesdeane Wrote: No ejections after this? WOW!

Surely there were ejections for at least 53 and 11 but from what I saw there will be more to follow due to players leaving the sidelines.

I had not seen this Facebook post yet but now that I have, the deceitfullness of it rubs me the wrong way. The reason I say that is, in this mom’s Facebook post the video is cropped. It appears to be intentionally cropped just enough you can’t see #11 instigating the incident which would prevent them from playing the innocent victim role. What the uncropped video shows is the whole thing starting with her son #11 tripping 53 as he walks away, followed then by what looks to be an elbow to the throat/face of #53 right before the push and dragging down/pulling facemask. I tried to upload the uncropped video clip I was sent on Facebook but I can’t get it to work.

53 should have been ejected no doubt as his behavior was both reckless and dangerous. Just as well, 11 should have been ejected as he was the instigator, he tripped a player walking away and then threw an elbow to the neck area to start the incident. I’m also betting 6 or 7 others between both teams once khsaa reviews film will be out next week.
As for the Facebook post, 53 was wrong but the comments on that woman’s post and her comments calling for him to be suspended for the year are ridiculous in my opinion unless #11 gets the same punishment. In my day the saying was, what’s good for the goose is good for the gander.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fansville's post:
  • M00sejaw64
I don’t see anything egregious from #11, but #53 sure needs to be ejected for his actions! (Walked up behind him, threw him down,punched and dragged him by face mask).
(10-20-2024, 03:25 PM)fansville Wrote:

Surely there were ejections for at least 53 and 11 but from what I saw there will be more to follow due to players leaving the sidelines.

I had not seen this Facebook post yet but now that I have, the deceitfullness of it rubs me the wrong way. The reason I say that is, in this mom’s Facebook post the video is cropped. It appears to be intentionally cropped just enough you can’t see #11 instigating the incident which would prevent them from playing the innocent victim role. What the uncropped video shows is the whole thing starting with her son #11 tripping 53 as he walks away, followed then by what looks to be an elbow to the throat/face of #53 right before the push and dragging down/pulling facemask. I tried to upload the uncropped video clip I was sent on Facebook but I can’t get it to work.

53 should have been ejected no doubt as his behavior was both reckless and dangerous. Just as well, 11 should have been ejected as he was the instigator, he tripped a player walking away and then threw an elbow to the neck area to start the incident. I’m also betting 6 or 7 others between both teams once khsaa reviews film will be out next week.
As for the Facebook post, 53 was wrong but the comments on that woman’s post and her comments calling for him to be suspended for the year are ridiculous in my opinion unless #11 gets the same punishment. In my day the saying was, what’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

did not see a trip and elbow wash a love tap at the most!  #11 might have said something to tick him off but you can’t respond that way, totally unacceptable 
(Yesterday, 12:00 PM)sstack Wrote:

did not see a trip and elbow wash a love tap at the most!  #11 might have said something to tick him off but you can’t respond that way, totally unacceptable
That’s what I was saying, you can’t see the trip part because the video was cropped before they posted it on Facebook, I tried to post the unedited video but it’s too big to upload. It’s out there though. Also the elbow to the throat area was enough to push the kids head back to his shoulder pads. I have no dog in it but they are kids with emotions running high and all I’m saying is that one side can’t pick a fight and then jump on social media to play innocent victim once it gets escalated. Both actions were unacceptable and have no place in the game, I think they should eject/suspend both for a game and be done with it.
(Yesterday, 01:25 PM)fansville Wrote:
(Yesterday, 12:00 PM)sstack Wrote:

That’s what I was saying, you can’t see the trip part because the video was cropped before they posted it on Facebook, I tried to post the unedited video but it’s too big to upload. It’s out there though. Also the elbow to the throat area was enough to push the kids head back to his shoulder pads. I have no dog in it but they are kids with emotions running high and all I’m saying is that one side can’t pick a fight and then jump on social media to play innocent victim once it gets escalated. Both actions were unacceptable and have no place in the game, I think they should eject/suspend both for a game and be done with it.

You can see on the unedited version of the video that 11 didn't "throw and elbow to the throat"  53 already had his hands on 11 to try and push him.  11 did more of a shoulder shrug and pushed back with his elbow to get 53's hands off of him.  It was nothing that would have drawn a flag, and certainly shouldn't have caused 53 to do what he did.

Man that should have been an ejection if anything ever was!   These Refs
seem to miss a lot anymore we are noticing at these games.   Shame.