Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BGR Members Please Read About Rankings.
We have decided to do a Rankings each week for each class. Of course like any rankings, we are going to mess up, get it wrong, may even get it right at times. The Rankings is not to throw any shade at any program just something for BGR members and guest to look at and debate over. Thats the fun of BGR. I went ahead and posted Preseason Rankings to get the ball rolling. Of course, I immediately made a mistake. I left out a top 5 team which was Covington Catholic. They should not have been left out and it was done on my behalf by complete accident, then when I did the top 25 teams, I forgot them again where I was looking at the same list written in ink and where I forgot them the first time, well, needless to say I forgot them again on the second list because I was only using what I already had written down. So I edited the list and thats why some may have seen the first posting and then I quickly changed it once I saw the mistake. 

Here is what I want to offer. We need a committee of Members of BGR who want to help each week. What I am going to do is a formula I have came up with based on points per win, class of team, score, and power rankings. Its not easy to write it out and sure wasn't easy for me to come up with. But I ran a model yesterday on last years Class 4A end of regular season and tweaked it and got it to where by seasons end, hopefully it will spit out the teams the way they have played. Now of course there is no proven method that is 100% right. My model will not take in consideration of a out of state team, that team will account equal to the Kentucky teams class points similar to RPI. 

Ok, I need a team of 6 BGR Members who are wanting to contribute on Rankings. I would like to have 1 from each class. I will be the 7th man. If no member from a respected class volunteers, I will do that class. So here is how it will work. I have started the Preseason Rankings. Each week after all the games, I will tally the points in each class. Once I get the teams points plugged in. I will submit a private message to the poster who represents that class to look at the New Ranking before it is posted, then the ranking of course for the week before is already on here and we can compare notes and tweak the list before it is posted online. I will keep all members confidential so other members will only know that I am posting the opinions of rankings per class each week. That way it keeps potential bias out of the way thinking some are just padding their favorite team. We will try to post the Rankings each week as quick as possible but also realize that in order to do so communication is everything. So if you would like to help give opinions about a Class you follow please send me a private message and we will get you involved. Its all in fun. We will work together to have a little fun in Rankings. I am going to try my formual and if it doesn't work, we will toss it in the trash and try another method. But still all in fun.  Smile

Class 1A needs a team member
Class 2A Team member filled
Class 3A needs a team member
Class 4A Team member filled
Class 5A Team member filled
Class 6A needs a team member

Thank you for reading and hopefully we can get some to want to contribute.  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Spud6
Class 2A is filled.
Bac is your 1A guy!
[-] The following 1 user Likes king360's post:
  • Bull got out!
Oh bac would be a great help!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!
Bump.
(08-22-2024, 12:38 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Class 2A is filled.
Class 4A filled.
(08-22-2024, 04:38 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-22-2024, 12:38 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Class 2A is filled.
Class 4A filled.
Class 5A filled.
Bump.
Bump again!!
Im willing to help if needed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-23-2024, 11:47 AM)plantmanky Wrote: Im willing to help if needed.

PM sent.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • plantmanky