Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Meece Middle (Somerset) 32 Northern (Pulaski County) 14 8th Grade
Final from Somerset.  The Jumpers handled the Maroons without too much trouble in this one from the Briar Patch.  One of Pulaski's scores came on a long pick 6 when Somerset was down near the Maroons goal line.  

The 6th Grade Briar Jumpers shut out the Maroons.  I'm not sure of the exact score, but it was 30+ to nothing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Walt Longmire's post:
  • TheRampageRooster
(08-17-2024, 09:38 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote: Final from Somerset.  The Jumpers handled the Maroons without too much trouble in this one from the Briar Patch.  One of Pulaski's scores came on a long pick 6 when Somerset was down near the Maroons goal line.  

The 6th Grade Briar Jumpers shut out the Maroons.  I'm not sure of the exact score, but it was 30+ to nothing.

6th grade final: Somerset 38 - Northern Pulaski 6
8th grade final: Somerset 32 - Northern Pulaski 14

These younger briar jumpers are going to be fun to watch over the next several years -- loads of talent!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheRampageRooster's post:
  • Walt Longmire
(08-18-2024, 11:00 PM)TheRampageRooster Wrote:
(08-17-2024, 09:38 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote: Final from Somerset.  The Jumpers handled the Maroons without too much trouble in this one from the Briar Patch.  One of Pulaski's scores came on a long pick 6 when Somerset was down near the Maroons goal line.  

These younger briar jumpers are going to be fun to watch over the next several years -- loads of talent!!

That score must have frightened some teams.  I heard that Whitley County, Rockcastle County and Clay County have all cancelled their scheduled games against Meece since Saturday.
(08-20-2024, 09:18 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote:
(08-18-2024, 11:00 PM)TheRampageRooster Wrote:

That score must have frightened some teams.  I heard that Whitley County, Rockcastle County and Clay County have all cancelled their scheduled games against Meece since Saturday.
Funny how that happened, huh? Lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheRampageRooster's post:
  • Walt Longmire
So is it that they don’t want to play or that there’s a lack of a 7th grade team and the conference kicked them out.

I have heard both arguments.

If it’s that the teams don’t want to play, and cancelled games, that’s bs and a governing body that regulates the middle school should step in and do the right thing and make rules to keep this from happening.

If it’s a conference decision and the same governing body that regulates the middle school does nothing going forward, then the association is as worthless as I believe it to be.

The money schools pay with no regulation or enforcement always make me question what the heck the fees are for and what besides a score database and playoff scheduler they have purpose for.
(08-25-2024, 04:49 PM)DangerMouse Wrote: So is it that they don’t want to play or that there’s a lack of a 7th grade team and the conference kicked them out.

I have heard both arguments.

If it’s that the teams don’t want to play, and cancelled games, that’s bs and a governing body that regulates the middle school should step in and do the right thing and make rules to keep this from happening.

If it’s a conference decision and the same governing body that regulates the middle school does nothing going forward, then the association is as worthless as I believe it to be.

The money schools pay with no regulation or enforcement always make me question what the heck the fees are for and what besides a score database and playoff scheduler they have purpose for.

Even if their "reason" for cancelling the games is because they are being kicked out of the conference for not having a 7th grade team: The games were already scheduled.  Why not play the games and just tell Meece they aren't eligible to win the conference championship, or that they're out of the conference?  They could still have played the games.