Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leslie county
How does everyone see the eagles doing this season?
Nothing
They will be a major threat in their district, no lower than 2nd and there’s a strong shot at 1 and I seek at least 2 playoff wins. That air raid is gonna be scary with Noah there. Good luck eagles!
Who are they going to beat in there district.
NOT
Breathitt or somerset
(08-09-2024, 04:06 PM)Basketballguru1 Wrote: Who are they going to beat in there district.
NOT
Breathitt or somerset
Definitely Breathitt.  And will give Somerset all they want.   But I do think they end up 2 behind Somerset
Who they have that’s going to help them this year. Same ol Leslie co
[-] The following 1 user Likes Basketballguru1's post:
  • Bigbluewarehouse
(08-09-2024, 05:53 PM)Basketballguru1 Wrote: Who they have that’s going to help them this year.  Same ol Leslie co
Adding Noah with a QB like Collett!!  You will se Noah’s full potential!
Well this post quickly turned into Noah Noah Noah. I’ll be honest, with the weak schedule that Leslie has I’d say they can win a few games but breathitt and somerset won’t be two of those.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SpaceMountain19's post:
  • Bigbluewarehouse
Big time showing VS Knott Co. A lot of Big Time Talent on this team. Won 20-0 lol
How’d kilburn and collett look?
I’d say it is easy too look good against Knott Co
(08-09-2024, 11:57 PM)Basketballguru1 Wrote: I’d say it is easy too look good against Knott Co
I’ll agree with you there but was hoping for a more serious response. Any kind of big production from them last night? Anyone know?
It was a good scrimmage for the Eagles. 

Could they have lined up and threw verticals to Kilburn, Simpson, or Hacker? Yes. But that accomplishes nothing. 

Eagles were hit hard in summer with injuries on the line, so Coach Whitaker worked on the run game. Worked on things needed to see and improve on. 
Collett threw a couple TD’s. One to Kilburn and one to Kaden Shepherd. Tanner Estep had a rushing TD for the Eagles. Think I saw 8-9 guys catch a ball, and 5 guys run ball. QB was not live, so Collett didn’t run.

Defensively looked like Leslie play 25-30 guys in their 30 varsity reps. A lot of switching. These guys will hit you! 

There were 30 Offensive and Defensive Reps. Then 10 JV reps for Knott offense. After that, Knott decided to end the scrimmage extremely early. 

As to the post above scrimmages are used for evaluation and working on things. Not running score up. 

Eagles have a lot to work on. But they have a chance to win a lot of games.
(08-10-2024, 07:41 PM)Onward Leslie! Wrote: It was a good scrimmage for the Eagles. 

Could they have lined up and threw verticals to Kilburn, Simpson, or Hacker? Yes. But that accomplishes nothing. 

Eagles were hit hard in summer with injuries on the line, so Coach Whitaker worked on the run game. Worked on things needed to see and improve on. 
Collett threw a couple TD’s. One to Kilburn and one to Kaden Shepherd. Tanner Estep had a rushing TD for the Eagles. Think I saw 8-9 guys catch a ball, and 5 guys run ball. QB was not live, so Collett didn’t run.

Defensively looked like Leslie play 25-30 guys in their 30 varsity reps. A lot of switching. These guys will hit you! 

There were 30 Offensive and Defensive Reps. Then 10 JV reps for Knott offense. After that, Knott decided to end the scrimmage extremely early. 

As to the post above scrimmages are used for evaluation and working on things. Not running score up. 

Eagles have a lot to work on. But they have a chance to win a lot of games.
Eagles looked good but it is against knott county. Can’t wait to watch them play p burg I think it will be a good game if they can get some players back from injuries. Elliott is no joke kid is fast as lightning. And I wonder if the kilburn and collett connection will be enough for the eagles to make a push for region champs. We shall see in time.
(08-09-2024, 12:28 PM)Gunslinger33 Wrote: How does everyone see the eagles doing this season?
Leslie will go as far as our offensive and defensive lines carry us. And if reports are accurate we’ve already lost two staring offensive linemen for the season. One to a an ACL injury and another multi year starter to a non-sports related medical issue.  So that is concerning. 

As far as the scrimmage went, we didn’t absolutely dominate Knott, but we also played a lot of players in a lot of positions to figures some things out.  Our offensive timing needs some work mainly because the changes in line personnel had the QB scrambling more than he should’ve had to.  Our run game isn’t super strong, but had a few sparks throughout the evening. Balancing run/pass will be important to keep defenses from zoning in only on pass coverage. Additionally I saw a couple young players step up on defense that will be a great benefit for us. 

Overall, we’ll win some, and we’ll lose some. Somerset remains the top of the district until proven otherwise. I think we can compete with Breathitt partly because they’ve taken a bit of a hit with their injuries (from the unfortunate accident) and a couple transfers.  But time will tell. And we are less than two weeks from knowing.
(08-09-2024, 05:34 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:
(08-09-2024, 04:06 PM)Basketballguru1 Wrote: Who are they going to beat in there district.
NOT
Breathitt or somerset
Definitely Breathitt.  And will give Somerset all they want.   But I do think they end up 2 behind Somerset
I guess time will tell!!! I think underestimating bobcats!!