Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EKU 7vs7 Tournament
Pulaski County knocked out Frederick Douglass and Boyle County. Paducah Tilghman looked like a small college team, they looked legit. PC will be good. Coach Burns got them boys flying around on defense. Boyle County is nowhere near asgood as last years team and there secondary needs a lot of work. I don't know if the new Defensive coordinator put in a new defense but they looked lost in the backend.
Good to hear that Boyle kinda sucks compared to last season. Coach Luke with a big smile and wink...
Corbin will still get beat by Boyle
(07-20-2024, 07:43 PM)RunninReb Wrote: Corbin will still get beat by Boyle

Maybe. Just good to know they might not be the monster that everyone was predicting. Is there a team out there that can outscore Boyle?  Corbin? Paducah?
Paducah Tilghman looked really good. They have the athletes to match up with Boyle County. Like I said before Boyle needs a QB. Replacing Dawson is going to be the key. Defensively they miss Bodner and his senior leadership on defense.
(07-20-2024, 07:54 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Paducah Tilghman looked really good. They have the athletes to match up with Boyle County. Like I said before Boyle needs a QB. Replacing Dawson is going to be the key. Defensively they miss Bodner and his senior leadership on defense.
I thought Bodner was still playing? Did he graduate?
Avery Bodner was a senior, his little Brother Austin is a senior. Avery was the stud.
That's a huge confidence boost for Pulaski Co going into year 1 under Burns.

A lot of folks do not like 7v7, but it can help teams build confidence and momentum heading into a season and sometimes that's all a locker room needs.
Someone said Owen County did really well
Congratulations to @FDouglassFB offense and defensive lines winning the @EKUFootball lineman challenge today! Proud of you but only the beginning! Frederick Douglass Football
(07-20-2024, 08:11 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Avery Bodner was a senior, his little Brother Austin is a senior. Avery was the stud.

Gotcha. Thank you.
I wonder wonder who were the winners of each pool anyone know
Boyle probably won't make it out of the second round this year.
(07-22-2024, 08:33 PM)BEChargers Wrote: Boyle probably won't make it out of the second round this year.
*3rd. Better find a qb.
You are absolutely out of your minds. If you think 7 v 7 in mid July gives you any idea of how a team is going to do then you obviously don’t know much about real football. I will be shocked if Boyle doesn’t win the 4A state championship this season.
[-] The following 2 users Like Lets Go Brandon's post:
  • Bluecat, Jack Lambert
(07-22-2024, 10:39 PM)Lets Go Brandon Wrote: You are absolutely out of your minds.  If you think 7 v 7 in mid July gives you any idea of how a team is going to do then you obviously don’t know much about real football.  I will be shocked if Boyle doesn’t win the 4A state championship this season.

7on7 is more of a teaching/learning situation. I remember a central Ky team a few years back that went undefeated in their 7on7 play and ended their season at 4-7. I was more impressed with FD winning both sections of the lineman challenge at EKU than anything else that day. If anyone thinks that Boyle County's season hinges on what they saw in the 7on7 they are grasping at straws. There is still a month before the real season begins and any coach can use that time wisely in putting all the pieces together that they have at their disposal to be a winner. I doubt if any one of them will even remember what went on in 7on7 in July. Now is when the coaching really comes to the forefront.
[-] The following 1 user Likes back country's post:
  • Statebound19
(07-23-2024, 08:28 AM)back country Wrote:
(07-22-2024, 10:39 PM)Lets Go Brandon Wrote: You are absolutely out of your minds.  If you think 7 v 7 in mid July gives you any idea of how a team is going to do then you obviously don’t know much about real football.  I will be shocked if Boyle doesn’t win the 4A state championship this season.

7on7 is more of a teaching/learning situation. I remember a central Ky team a few years back that went undefeated in their 7on7 play and ended their season at 4-7. I was more impressed with FD winning both sections of the lineman challenge at EKU than anything else that day. If anyone thinks that Boyle County's season hinges on what they saw in the 7on7 they are grasping at straws. There is still a month before the real season begins and any coach can use that time wisely in putting all the pieces together that they have at their disposal to be a winner. I doubt if any one of them will even remember what went on in 7on7 in July. Now is when the coaching really comes to the forefront.
Total with you on Boyle co. 7 on 7 is good for practice work on passing game and passing defense but it doesn’t dictate the season. There still best team and only will get better.
I remember Corbin being a regional juggernaut in 7 on 7 back in the early 2000s. When it came to the regular season though, I saw the same teams play multiple times and I don't think I ever saw them throw a downfield pass.
Teams can play a 7x7 offense and be tuff during the 7x7 tournaments. Teams also can choose to run their regular offense to work on the real offense with new personal and really get blistered during these tournaments but during the regular season, they gain extra reps and see pressure. So that's really what IMO the design should be. What does it help a team if they go all out for short passing 7x7 and then never run those plays during the regular season. 7x7 is good to get your skills working but other than that sounds like it can be a good time to work on secondary techniques when defending 1 on 1. At least the kids are getting some work in.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Jack Lambert, North laurel Fan
(07-22-2024, 08:33 PM)BEChargers Wrote: Boyle probably won't make it out of the second round this year.

Big Grin Second round of the National Tournament maybe but in Kentucky, they are still the team to beat until prove otherwise.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • North laurel Fan
Yeah, I was joking.......
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!