Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone go to the bowling alley anymore?
Took my youngest to the bowling alley the other day. Opposite of fancy and half full but ended up being a blast. Here was the music playing in strife torn Appalachia lol...
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Old School Hound
  • Old School Hound
Going to go to the bowling alley more before they are all gone
  • Old School Hound
(07-14-2024, 02:45 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Going to go to the bowling alley more before they are all gone

They are certainly disappearing. I used to bowl every week when I lived in Richmond. A bunch of us from church would go on Saturday night. It was a blast. I used to average in the 180's but those days are long behind me.  Some of my favorite music that you posted above.  That Boston debut album is one of the best albums ever. Every single song is a gem. One of my favorite things to do is go on a nice long drive on a beautiful day and put on that CD and let it blast away over the car speakers. Great music to drive to, though you might find yourself exceeding the speed limit with Boston blasting awaylol

Btw, that's Michael McDonald singing backup on that Toto song. Toto had five or six of some of the best musicians ever. Toto IV is a gem of an album. Not quite at the level of Boston's debut album but very, VERY good. Again, not a bad song on that album.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot
(07-14-2024, 07:45 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(07-14-2024, 02:45 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Going to go to the bowling alley more before they are all gone

They are certainly disappearing. I used to bowl every week when I lived in Richmond. A bunch of us from church would go on Saturday night. It was a blast. I used to average in the 180's but those days are long behind me.  Some of my favorite music that you posted above.  That Boston debut album is one of the best albums ever. Every single song is a gem. One of my favorite things to do is go on a nice long drive on a beautiful day and put on that CD and let it blast away over the car speakers. Great music to drive to, though you might find yourself exceeding the speed limit with Boston blasting awaylol

Btw, that's Michael McDonald singing backup on that Toto song.  Toto had five or six of some of the best musicians ever.  Toto IV is a gem of an album. Not quite at the level of Boston's debut album but very, VERY good. Again, not a bad song on that album.

Strong! I averaged around 175 in my prime and was just as likely to bowl a 125 as a 225. 
Pikeville had an awesome bowling alley when I was growing up, it had everything and was a big hangout always full of young people. Miss that place.
  • Old School Hound
Alice Lloyd College had an on campus bowling alley, but it was taken out some years ago.
[-] The following 1 user Likes P. Fanning's post:
  • jetpilot
I miss bowling alleys, skating rinks, and drive-ins. Anyone else feel the same?
  • jetpilot
(07-16-2024, 02:43 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: I miss bowling alleys, skating rinks, and drive-ins.  Anyone else feel the same?

Me!

Old days
Good times I remember
Fun days
Filled with simple pleasure
Drive-in movies
Comic books and blue jeans
Howdy Doody
Baseball cards and birthdays
Take me back
To the world gone away
Memories
Seem like yesterday
Oh, old days
Good times I remember
Gold days
Days I'll always treasure
Funny faces
Full of love and laughter
Funny places
Summer nights and streetcars
Take me back
To the world gone away
Our good memories
Seem like yesterday
Old days (on my mind and in my heart to stay)
Ah, ah, ah
Old days (darkened dreams of good times gone away)
Ah, ah, ah
Old days (days of love and feeling fancy free)
Ah, ah, ah
Old days (days of magic still so close to me)
Ah, ah, ah
Old days (on my mind and in my heart to stay)
Ah, ah, ah
Old days (darkened dreams of good times gone away)
Ah, ah, ah
Old days (days of love and feeling fancy free)
Ah, ah, ah
Old days (days of magic still so close to me)
Ah, ah, ah

[color=var(--IXoxUe)]Source: [color=var(--IXoxUe)]LyricFind[/color][/color]
[color=var(--IXoxUe)]Songwriters: James Pankow
[color=var(--IXoxUe)]Old Days lyrics © BMG Rights Management, Spirit Music Group, Warner Chappell Music, Inc[/color]
[/color]

• Old School Hound
^^^^

Love Chicago. Especially the early stuff from early and mid-70's . I saw them live in one of Cetera's last performances with the group.

A treat for you , my friend. A collaboration of some of the best musicians you'll find together at one time, performing three of TOTO's biggest hits. And, man, do they perform the heck out of these songs!!! This is musical royalty .

Here's the lineup:

Steve Lukather ( TOTO)

Gregg Rolie( Santana, Journey)

Colin Hay(Men at Work)

Ringo Starr( I think we all know that guy...lol)

Harnish Stuart(Average White Band)

Greg Bissonette

Warren Ham

Enjoy...

• jetpilot
That is fantastic OSH. Thanks for posting.