Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Fun — Programs with potential/old programs that need a breath of fresh air.
What are some programs that you all feel like have potential but haven’t been able to get it going consistently. 

Are there any programs with a history of success that have struggled in recent years, but still have the foundation to rebuild. 

What are some pros/cons for the team mentioned.
Danville Needs a breath of fresh air among other things
[-] The following 2 users Like Wildcat09's post:
  • Hatz, PHSForever
Breathitt Co needs a fresh start.
Speaking of Danville, how they looking heading into this season?
(06-23-2024, 10:29 PM)PHSForever Wrote: Speaking of Danville, how they looking heading into this season?

Their leading tackler on defense and best returning player on offense, Braidin Baughman, transferred to Mercer Co.
(06-22-2024, 09:51 PM)Wildcat09 Wrote: Danville Needs a breath of fresh air among other things

(06-24-2024, 09:51 PM)BEChargers Wrote:
(06-23-2024, 10:29 PM)PHSForever Wrote: Speaking of Danville, how they looking heading into this season?

Their leading tackler on defense and best returning player on offense, Braidin Baughman, transferred to Mercer Co.
Ouch. Tough loss for the Ads. They a young team?
(06-25-2024, 02:04 AM)PHSForever Wrote:
(06-22-2024, 09:51 PM)Wildcat09 Wrote: Danville Needs a breath of fresh air among other things

I am a Boyle county fan , but it is really sad to see what has happened to the Danville system in athletics and their overall school system. For years they had their elite football program to turn to. Now Boyle has surpassed them in every phase of a program that can be measured. It is only a mater of time until they become a part of the Bo0yle system. No there will not be two high schools. It doesn't make any sense from either a financial or academic standpoint. Boyle/ Danville will move up to 5A in football and have one hell of a great school system. It only really makes sense. You read nit here first!

(06-25-2024, 08:07 PM)back country Wrote:

I am a Boyle county fan , but it is really sad to see what has happened to the Danville system in athletics and their overall school system. For years they had their elite football program to turn to. Now Boyle has surpassed them in every phase of a program that can be measured. It is only a mater of time until they become a part of the Bo0yle system. No there will not be two high schools. It doesn't make any sense from either a financial or academic standpoint. Boyle/ Danville will move up to 5A in football and have one hell of a great school system. It only really makes sense. You read nit here first!
I really do know how to spell matter.
[-] The following 1 user Likes back country's post:
  • TheRampageRooster
Have to agree with Danville!

If that happens they can’t call self title town !!! Just be title county!!! lol 
Boyle Co had elite program for while but I feel coach Haddix took to another Level!!! I hope Danville can get back going because that school has much history in football as any school in Ky. The kids there just all at Boyle County. They be contender if got kids that use went Danville. But I understand why at Boyle Co!!! Honestly who wouldn’t want play for Haddix and his staff. He is player coach for sure.
(06-26-2024, 02:18 PM)Statebound19 Wrote:

(06-24-2024, 09:51 PM)BEChargers Wrote: Their leading tackler on defense and best returning player on offense, Braidin Baughman, transferred to Mercer Co.

Boyle Co had elite program for while but I feel coach Haddix took to another Level!!! I hope Danville can get back going because that school has much history in football as any school in Ky. The kids there just all at Boyle County. They be contender if got kids that use went Danville. But I understand why at Boyle Co!!! Honestly who wouldn’t want play for Haddix and his staff. He is player coach for sure.

Lost Gavin Rodriguez and Baughman to Mercer. Danville just isn’t losing kids to Boyle, they’re losing them everywhere.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • Hatz
(06-26-2024, 02:18 PM)Statebound19 Wrote:

(06-24-2024, 09:51 PM)BEChargers Wrote: Their leading tackler on defense and best returning player on offense, Braidin Baughman, transferred to Mercer Co.

Title Town was because of the success of both programs. Without Danville it isn’t that moniker. 

Haddix has taken Boyle to great heights. New?  No. Not really. Boyle won 5 straight once already. 1999-2003 and all but one of those titles was a 15-0 season and all were in the old 4 Class System.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hatz's post:
  • BEChargers, The Red Eminence
(06-23-2024, 08:47 AM)bcpc Wrote: Breathitt Co needs a fresh start.

Hope they get going in right direction.
Danville just got a new principal who is an alum. I'm hoping that is the beginning of a shake up that will see them turn the corner.

If there's another winless campaign I don't know if Parks can keep his job, honestly. He inherited a bad situation but you have to keep your talent if you hope to rebuild.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AdsFanatic's post:
  • Hatz
(07-08-2024, 06:38 AM)AdsFanatic Wrote: Danville just got a new principal who is an alum.  I'm hoping that is the beginning of a shake up that will see them turn the corner.

If there's another winless campaign I don't know if Parks can keep his job, honestly.  He inherited a bad situation but you have to keep your talent if you hope to rebuild.

I too hope they get it turned around.  It's a better place when Danville is relevant and competing.
New Accounts please check your private message. Thanks Bull.