Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin's Gus Clouse(RIP)
Our community just recently lost one of its top notch citizens in Gus Clouse. Gus was a friend of mine for nearly 50 years. If you knew Gus, you know what I'm talking about. I don't know anyone that has ever  had anything but positive things to say about him. From the time I was a child, Gus was a fixture at any kind of athletic or sporting event in the Corbin area. Whether it was umpiring a youth baseball game or church league softball game or keeping the scorecard at a baseball or softball game or being the scoreboard operator at Corbin games, Gus was willing to help out in whatever capacity he was needed. He would even serve refreshments at the concession stand at sporting events.

Gus was also the radio voice of the Corbin Lady Hounds. For the entire length of time I've known Gus, he's been a big advocate of female sports. For many decades, the young ladies who were involved in sports in the Corbin area have loved and respected Gus. Fact is, we all loved and respected Gus. He is gonna be truly, truly missed. He was a devoted family man and the epitome of what a Christian should be . Gus worked tirelessly in his church, especially helping with the youth. He is a man who would have literally given a kid the shirt off his back. I last spoke to him as his beloved Lady Redhounds were gearing up to compete in the finals of the 13th region tournament.  Gus never failed to speak to you if he saw you out somewhere.

RIP to my friend, Gus Clouse. A life well-lived, sir.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • shottaker23
Rest in peace Mr. Clouse.
(06-18-2024, 01:43 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Our community just recently lost one of its top notch citizens in Gus Clouse. Gus was a friend of mine for nearly 50 years. If you knew Gus, you know what I'm talking about. I don't know anyone that has ever  had anything but positive things to say about him. From the time I was a child, Gus was a fixture at any kind of athletic or sporting event in the Corbin area. Whether it was umpiring a youth baseball game or church league softball game or keeping the scorecard at a baseball or softball game or being the scoreboard operator at Corbin games, Gus was willing to help out in whatever capacity he was needed. He would even serve refreshments at the concession stand at sporting events.

Gus was also the radio voice of the Corbin Lady Hounds. For the entire length of time I've known Gus, he's been a big advocate of female sports. For many decades, the young ladies who were involved in sports in the Corbin area have loved and respected Gus. Fact is, we all loved and respected Gus. He is gonna be truly, truly missed. He was a devoted family man and the epitome of what a Christian should be . Gus worked tirelessly in his church, especially helping with the youth. He is a man who would have literally given a kid the shirt off his back. I last spoke to him as his beloved Lady Redhounds were gearing up to compete in the finals of the 13th region tournament.  Gus never failed to speak to you if he saw you out somewhere.

RIP to my friend, Gus Clouse. A life well-lived, sir.

I'm sorry to hear this about your friend, OSH.  Sounds like the people of Corbin have lost a great person.
Jet, Westside , thank you guys.  Love you, both.

You two would have LOVED Gus Clouse.

Here's a little snippet of his obituary:

"Gus was a compassionate and dedicated pillar of his community. His loving spirit and zest for life were infectious, brightening the lives of all who were fortunate to know him. He was a tireless servant to his faith and his community as the assistant to the pastor at Grace on the Hill Community Church. Gus ministered to the youth in our community through Grace Sports, a community sports league, touching countless lives. Known for his spirited nature, Gus was also a familiar voice on local sports radio, his passion for the Redhounds never failing to shine through.

Gus was more than just a voice on the radio; he was a celebration of life itself. A dedicated people person, he loved being with others, making everyone feel special and cherished. He had a unique knack for capturing the moment, always ready with his camera to take pictures and create memories. What mattered most to Gus, beyond all else, was sharing his faith, serving his community, and loving his family. His dedication to these principles was unyielding, a testament to his strong character and loving heart. Gus Clouse will be greatly missed, but his spirit will live on in the hearts of those he touched. "
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Patriot1, Westside