Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Paintsville hires Dawn Kinner as new Head Coach
After a lot of speculation the Lady Tigers have their new head coach. Dawn has had a ton of success coaching the volleyball team and now will be in charge of the basketball team as well.
I mean do they have to be involved in everything their children do? Can they not sit back and allow others to coach their children? This absolute bs. I’m really disappointed in this hire.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Phs2004's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
(05-28-2024, 02:43 PM)Phs2004 Wrote: I mean do they have to be involved in everything their children do? Can they not sit back and allow others to coach their children? This absolute bs. I’m really disappointed in this hire.

They return 40% of their scoring. With Kinner being 65% of that. Not sure anyone was knocking at the door for this job, considering JC should lead the region and Martin still being a strong contender. Hiring Dawn is safe. Keeps the current kids happy and the team whole. Its someone they deal with daily and dont have to babysit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheDick's-n-Karl's's post:
  • Phs2004
.......Didn't see that one coming...... Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Source EKy's post:
  • Phs2004
(05-28-2024, 02:54 PM)TheDick's-n-Karl's Wrote:
(05-28-2024, 02:43 PM)Phs2004 Wrote: I mean do they have to be involved in everything their children do? Can they not sit back and allow others to coach their children? This absolute bs. I’m really disappointed in this hire.

They return 40% of their scoring. With Kinner being 65% of that. Not sure anyone was knocking at the door for this job, considering JC should lead the region and Martin still being a strong contender. Hiring Dawn is safe. Keeps the current kids happy and the team whole. Its someone they deal with daily and dont have to babysit.

You’re right it’s a safe hire and it keeps everyone happy I guess. I’ll give a chance I reckon. 
Surprise, surprise..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Colonel4Life1999's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
Shocking!

A.D.
Runyon family
Brown family.
Shocking!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ring'Em Up's post:
  • Phs2004
Nepotism is the Paintsville way.
I like the hire. She’s the most successful coach in our system right now. Her girls love her and no doubt her success will transfer over to the hardwood. I’m also pumped to have Adam Rice back on the bench beside of her! He is a great coach who was instrumental in the success of past Tiger, basketball teams as an assistant.
Really good hire.